Chapter 8: Impact of the Orc Lord

New skills

Unique skill: Eye of the Ancients

Allows the user x100 thought acceleration, more efficient analyses of things around them, 360-degree vision, view of their hp % and magicule %, status effect durations, as well as detect spiritual energy and concealed presences.

Unique skill: Copy Machine

A more efficient copycat can take in more at a time and requires far fewer magicules to fill in the gaps for skills.

Part 1: Our First Felled Demon Lord

          After consuming his former master, Geld began evolving into a Demon Lord Seed. He was on the verge of reaching a form that could potentially defeat me. However, my comrades and I were determined to stop his army from claiming more souls.

          "You were on the cusp of greatness, but it's time to bring you down a peg." I said, slashing at him with all my might. My blade grazed his arm, leaving a deep gash. I quickly drank a few drops of his blood, hoping to gain an advantage. But before I could react, a blade was aimed directly at my forehead. Time seemed to slow down, allowing me to dodge the attack by a hair's breadth. What just happened? I knew I had thought acceleration, but he appeared almost motionless. "Notice: Through the ingestion of the Demon Lord Seed, conditions have been met. The Unique skill Magic Eyes has combined with the Extra skill Sense Spiritual Energy to create the Unique skill Eye of the Ancients, and the Unique skill Copycat has combined with the Unique skill Starved to create the Unique skill Copy Machine. Obtained Demon Lord Seed." So that's the answer.

          "Well... it seems we're both Demon Lord Seeds now. But you won't win," I declared, my voice filled with determination. I unleashed a barrage of attacks, rapidly cutting him up with decay and caustic flames to prevent his regeneration. The battlefield was engulfed in a chaotic dance of destruction.

          Geld retaliated with a powerful swing of his blade, aiming for my head. Before I could react, it pierced my skull, but I managed to move just in time to avoid a fatal blow, but the force of the attack sent me crashing into the ground. Pain surged through my body as I struggled to regain my footing. My mimicked skull shattered, and I felt a true sense of terror like never before. The fear threatened to consume me, but I refused to let it overpower my will to survive.

          With a surge of determination, I healed my shattered skull, nursing the throbbing headache. Shaky legs carried me back onto the battlefield, where I faced Geld once again. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I prepared to unleash my next attack. But before I could make a move, a searing pain shot through me. I finally understood this was reality, not some video game or anime, he wouldn't wait for me to recover. I fell to my knee, witnessing my now severed leg, and saw him preparing for a killing blow. I roll to the left, barely dodging his blade and grounding myself with thoughts of Rimuru, I regenerate my leg and get back into the fight.

          Adrenaline coursing through my veins, my eyes start glowing as I activate my eye of ancients. I remember one move that I haven't tested in combat yet. I fire multiple corrosive bullets at the Orc Disaster, blowing holes all throughout his body, and like the abomination he is, he just regenerates. "What the hell even are you?!!" I shout as I realize that he is now staving off the corrosion and flames and regenerating through them.

          The orc lord grins evilly and takes a bite of something in his hand. "You can call me what you want, but you are making me stronger."

          "Y-you didn't... You couldn't have." I say as the horror unfolds, in his hand is my disembodied leg, and he's eating it like a snack. I go to chop off his head with my scythe but it's far too late, he grabs me out of the air and takes a bite out of my shoulder. I scream at the top of my lungs, the pain wracks my body as he rips off a piece of my flesh with his teeth. I try to escape his grasp but he puts rot on me. Slowly my consciousness fades as I succumb to the pain of my injuries. In one last ditch effort, I use thought communication. " Rimuru!! Help me!! " I say to Rimuru then see a blinding blue streak hurtling to me and the orc lord.