Chapter 9: Bad Times

New skills:

Unique skill: Tandem

When two slimes, such as Rimuru and Robin have one or the other inside themselves their skills become linked, the skills unlock themselves as they become closer together

(isn't mentioned in story but it was gained when Rimuru healed Robin)

Unique skill: Wave of emotion.

Any negative emotions can fuel the user's power to great heights, however, if the negative emotions get too strong the skill will take over until you calm down or a loved one consoles you. Increases strength by 20 times at its strongest.

Part 1: A Sprinkle of Fun with a Smidge of Agony

( Robin )

          Dawn's first light filters through the window, casting a gentle glow on the room. I stir from sleep, nestled in the curve of Rimuru's arms. My head throbs lightly, a silent testament to the energy we poured into naming those orcs. Curiosity piques within me as I find Rimuru still in the embrace of slumber. It's an odd sight; I always thought he transcended the need for sleep.

          Shifting slightly, I press closer, feeling the subtle rise and fall of his chest. My fingers trail along his back, exploring the contours with a tender curiosity. I plant soft kisses along his neck, whispering a sleepy "Good morning, my favorite boy." But he's lost in dreams, oblivious to my words.

          Yawning, I peel away from him and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Today, my reflection seems to hold a new allure. I've grown a bit, now standing just over four feet. My golden hair cascades down in a shimmering waterfall, touching my waist. Sky-blue eyes reflect the morning light, sparkling with an inner vitality. I examine my slender frame, a mix of softness and agility, almost crafted for Rimuru's embrace. A sigh escapes me at the sight of my flat chest, but it's a fleeting concern; change is always within reach. I dress carefully, selecting clothes that accentuate my form, preparing to greet the day with Rimuru in mind.

          Stepping outside, Tempest greets me with its usual bustle. I wander the streets, exchanging warm greetings with the citizens. My path crosses with Geld, one of the newly named orcs. He bows deeply, gratitude etched on his features. "No need for formalities, Geld. We're all friends here, I remind him with a smile, admiring the progress on the new house he's building.

          "Thank you, Lady Robin, you are too kind." He says and quickly gets back to work.

          Benimaru and Souei approach, a hint of admiration in Benimaru's eyes. "Lady Robin, you look... More beautiful than usual," he comments, while Souei remains his usual stoic self. I laugh lightly, acknowledging his compliment with a playful air. They present me with pastries, a gift to celebrate my union with Rimuru. "I hope you and Lord Rimuru enjoy our gift, Shuna personally baked them," Benimaru adds. The aroma is intoxicating, a tantalizing mix of sweet and savory. Overwhelmed by a moment of gratitude, I impulsively hug Benimaru, then hastily retreat, my mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. Am I seeing them as family now? The thought is quickly dismissed.

          As I continue through the village, an ominous presence looms, stronger than anything I've felt before. Instinctively, I rush towards the disturbance. There, I witness Rimuru engaged in a fierce battle with Gazel. But something is off; Gazel's soul is in turmoil, not in control of his actions. I attempt to intervene, separating my soul from my body to confront the invading force within Gazel, but it's futile.