#08 - Fun

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

fun. the day of aoba johsai's sports festival had finally arrived. the night before, y/n had been so excited that she couldn't fall asleep, leaving her with disheveled bed hair when she woke up.

she quickly got dressed in a white shirt, black shorts, and tied a blue ribbon into her hair. although, her role as the designated videographer for her class meant she is unable to partake in the games and sports.

the morning assembly started as the entire student body lined up, eagerly awaiting a brief introduction from the school's principal. y/n then noted her teacher's instructions and began to record her classmates.

however, it proved to be a bit challenging, especially when it came to filming her male classmates, who occasionally indulged in inappropriate antics in front of the camera.

the spotlight of the day's events fell on the first game, a fierce competition between the first-year classes: the men's 4x100m relay race.

fate had an ironic sense of humor, for it was kunimi who had been one of the students chosen by the teacher to participate. while his talents were clear in volleyball, sprinting was not his forte, and the prospect of going all out did not appeal to his nature.

he briefly considered attempting to escape from the teacher's watchful eye, scanning the area to see if she was nearby so he could sneak away.

just as he contemplated making his getaway, a stern voice shattered his escape plan. "kunimi, if you try to escape, i'll make you join the 2000m race!" her stern warning startled him, causing him to jump in surprise.

he let out a resigned sigh and turned around, "fine..." he muttered under his breath, shoulders slumped in defeat, as he trudged reluctantly toward the track.

kunimi reluctantly turned his gaze toward his competitors, greeted by kindaichi's enthusiastic declaration, "i can't believe we're up against each other, kunimi!" he stretched and prepared for the race.

"i just want to go home..." he observed as the other participants diligently stretched and readied themselves for the impending race, while he remained stagnant, his motivation at an all-time low.

the situation was worse by the fact that he was one of the starters, forced to bear the burden of launching his team into the race, unlike his classmates who would have the luxury of running later.

glancing to his sides and seeking solace within the familiarity of his class, kunimi's eyes landed on y/n diligently recording the unfolding events. he was on the verge of confusion but then remembered that it was her job to document the sports festival.