[40] The Bunny Situation

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 40: The Bunny Situation

I dropped to my feet with a thud. The peak of the mountain during April was filled with snow, and wind was a constant presence here.

"Mhm,"

I spent a quick moment appreciating the atmosphere. I felt the chill of the icy air, as the mountain air was thinner and cooler than the one on the surface of the planet. The wind's steady blow on my skin was a welcome reminder of my current position, the chilly breeze making every movement feel more alive.

Then, I began to look around, scanning with my [Copper Sight] to locate the perfect place to sit down. I walked to a spot and each of my steps made a crunching sound as the snow beneath my feet turned into powder, disappearing quickly beneath the wind and the moonlight.

"Good enough," I stood over a spot where my preferred aura affinities were the most present and sat down. Then I took a deep breath of the fresh air, sucking in the Qi all over me, and relished in the peace and quiet that surrounded me.

Then, I began to [Cycle] Qi within myself.

...

Hours later, my concentration was a little weakened as I felt gazes on me again. It was more than one this time, there were two beings looking at me from somewhere.

Do they not have better things to do? How annoying.

I shook my head and returned to cycle my Qi. Neither of the presences appeared to be hostile, so they could voyeur around as much as they wanted. They seem to be locals of this mountain, meaning they were either Yokais or Gods. As an outsider, I couldn't complain if they were just watching, instead of telling me to go away.

Oh well. Enjoy watching me sit for hours.

* * *

[Third Person Point of View]

Konohanasakuya-hime watched her large water bowl again, where the scene of the mountaintop was being shown. This time, a friend of hers accompanied her, helping her confirm the identity of the boy.

"You're right, Sakuya." Her friend nodded, calling her by her other name, Sakuya-hime. "He's not from the Phenex Clan, let alone a devil. If I'm not wrong... he is that young boy who's chosen by Tsukuyomi."

"Oh..." Konohanasakuya-hime, or Sakuya for short, blinked. She abruptly remembered that incident when Lady Amaterasu asked the Gods for permission to reincarnate two innocent and wronged souls.

That boy was one of them? That was so amazing! Soon, Sakuya realized a problem. She turned to her friend in a hurry, looking at her worriedly. "You are not planning to hurt him, are you, Bishamon?"

The War Goddess Bishamon looked back at her, her purple slit eyes filled with intent. Unlike what her revealing clothes might suggest; a slick hat, an open jacket that showed her bra-clad chest, and a super short skirt — she was actually a warrior God. As one of the four Heavenly Kings, belonging to a total of Four Mythologies, Bishamonten was a High-Grade God with strong divinity. As a God of War and Warriors, her battle powers were matched by few in the entirety of Shinto and beyond.

[Image Here]