[19] Girl Consequences

Chapter 19: Girl Consequences

The shooting ended soon. The director, a guy in his 30s, pulled me to one side to put a phone on my ears where the Producer guy from before laughed for two whole minutes. He found it amusing that I really did kiss a girl just when the season started.

None of the other actors knew about it, not until they'd watch today's episode later.

Everyone left the Game Center after that, and I as always decided to run through the air instead of calling for an Uber. The next shoot will be held in the morning, so I won't be able to enjoy this, as more eyes will be there to notice the anomaly of a guy running in the sky.

I reached home and the door was opened by Ruby, not Ai. Ai was avoiding me for the past few days. Understandable. But yes, I didn't appreciate the deeply frowning Ruby in her stead.

"Why do you smell of girls?"

"Why are you being so nosy? Shut up and go make me tea, I am thirsty."

She said something along the lines of me belonging to the trash can outside, but I didn't heed her words and walked in with a happy smile.

Soon, when I submerged myself in the cold water of my bathtub, I regained clarity. Shit, shit, shit, not good. Kissing Mem-Cho wasn't a good idea since I never intended to have her as my girlfriend. The Harem route would be bothersome in this modern world. I need to better control my hormones.

After I was done with dinner and was in my room, my phone began to ring like crazy. I only got one sneak into it, seeing that it was pings coming from the group chat of LoveMy actors and actresses, where everyone was pinging me and Mem-Cho to ask about the kissing scene. So the episode must have aired just about now.

I didn't get to message anything back as the door of my room was pushed open. I was a little surprised to see a grinning Ai on my doorstep.

She's suddenly here after avoiding me until now? Wow.

"Aqua, you have to bring her home tomorrow!" The megastar of Japan shouted. "Though I'll say that you shouldn't go for that sort of kiss on screen, don't you find it vulgar? Go for a more romantic approach."

"Mom, we aren't dating," I told her with a dry expression. "It can't be that you thought all those who share a kiss become a couple? In that case, should I start calling you 'babe' from now on?"

"...."

Perhaps that wasn't the ideal approach to this situation, but I couldn't help it. But as I knew it would happen, she took off her sandal and threw it at me. I barely managed to dodge but she was coming at me with a broom the next second.

"Hey, what are you doing?!"

"You said you'll forget that ever happened! Why're you bringing it up then?!" Ai swung her broom at me that clashed with my forearms.

"You are the one who's playing outside our agreement, actively avoiding me for the last few days," I told her in a blaming tone that she just scoffed at.

"Who is the one to blame here? You were being so disrespectful that day. You need to know I am mad at you, and that things are not as simple as you want them to be. I can't just pretend you are a good boy anymore, forgetting that is impossible."

"If you don't want to forget it, just think of it as a drunken mistake and move on." I shrugged.

Ai's eyes widened. "That reminds me, you drank alcohol. Right in front of me, no less. You need a beating."

She dropped her broom that I was holding back and threw a hand at my chin. This was not the first time she tried to beat me, that's why I said she was more of an older sister than a mother; mothers don't beat their children like this.