[190] Leaving Behind Earth; In the Face of a Familiar Planet

Chapter 190: Leaving Behind Earth; In the Face of a Familiar Planet

"For fucks sake, ugh...!" Brigid threw her head back, submerging into the softness of the couch, as she grumbled toward the ceiling. "The plan's going nowhere."

The plan of seducing Aqua was at a standstill. Like hell it is, he doesn't even bother to attend school. How were they supposed to attack his heart if he wasn't even there to receive it? The last few months were a waste of goddamn time.

"Brigid, be patient." her friend, a fellow former Valkyrie Squad Leader, walked over to hand her a bowl of popcorn before taking a seat beside her. The TV played a movie and Rossweisse watched it calmly. "He's not the only one who's skipping classes. It's his entire group. That means it's not permanent; they're probably preparing for something, and when they finish it, they'll return to school."

"...." Brigid found logic in that, she supposed.

Odin and Freya also believed the same and had encouraged them to be careful after the Vedas incident. Those two heads were now more cautious of Aqua's powers, although Brigid only found it an exaggerated rumor.

"The situation around the world is tense. Aztecs and Vedas, at least Indra's side, are going through a cold war that can break into an all-out war anytime. The devil faction isn't safe either, they also pissed off Indra by having a Satan attend that big fight." Rose said in a serious tone, even as a romantic movie played on TV.

"You think Kuoh is in danger?" Brigid asked, unsure. Among the two, it was Rose who kept tabs on the politics around the world.

"I don't think so. To be fair, if a war did start, it wouldn't be initiated by Indra's side. He has his hands filled with Lord Shiva. So unless Aztecs wanted to cause trouble, and we can never be sure since Quetzalcoatl leads them, a war shouldn't break out. No need to worry about the devils starting it, they're enjoying peace." She said, pondering over her own words for a bit.

"I guess that makes sense," Brigid said. "So you're saying we stay put until that guy returns to school? Ugh, that sounds so annoying to do though. Can't we just visit his house and kill him?"

"Do you have a death wish?"

"Fuck," she threw her head back again and rested like that.

When she did that, with her head backward on the couch, her eyes fell on the window in the back. Her pupils expanded as a figure covered in a red aura flew.

Her senses did not catch a thing, as if she was seeing things, and when she blinked, there was no such figure in the sky.

"Huh?" Brigid tilted her head, curious if she had eaten something weird today.

****

In the high skies of central Mexico, in Aztec's 9th heaven the man named Yaxkin, the Avatar and Assistant of Quetzalcoatl, was waiting outside his madam's room. How long did he wait for? At some point, the door creaked and walked out his lady adorning her royal outfit.

"Congratulations," Yaxkin said, lowering his head, "in successfully passing another cycle."

She shed her skin two months ago and entered her alter ego. Kukulan was quite hard to control, so she ordered Yaxkin to lock herself up before she had transformed. Only now did she return to her Quetzalcoatl ego. However since she forced things instead of letting them pass as usual, that meant her alter-ego might be popping out every now and then in the future based on her emotions.

"Yes, Yaxkin, my favorite prince," she ruffled his head, grinning. "As always, I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you for taking care of the Pantheon for the last two months. Unfortunately, you'll need to take care of it a bit more."