XIV

"Come on guys! I'm not in the mood tonight." Liam whined as Louis pushed him towards the door.

"Liam, you can't mope around the flat forever mate, we're all going out tonight, it'll be fun!" Louis said as he motioned for the rest of the lads to agree with him.

"Yea Li! It is going to be massive fun mate!" Zayn joyfully said with an ear to ear grin on his face.

"It will be awesome Liam, nothing better than a bit of dancing your arse off to fix that broken heart of yours." Harry said as he wrestled Liam into a playful choke hold under his arm. Niall didn't add anything of comfort to the group’s words of encouragement until Zayn punched him in the arm.

"Ouch! What the hell Zayn! Oh fine, um yea it will be fun Liam." He looked rather unconvinced and almost as excited to go as Liam.

"Wow, such a pitch there Niall. You both are going, end of story. It's going to be awesome!" Louis said as he forced them all out the door.

Funky Buddha was buzzing tonight, the music was loud as it pumped out of the speakers, Liam could barely hear this own thoughts. Louis walked up to the bar and ordered a round for the lads. A beer bottle was thrust in Liam's hand as the drink frothed over the opening making the bottle sticky. Liam took as small tug of the drink the taste bitter on his tongue.

He watched at Louis made his way loudly through the crowd meeting up with Eleanor, Liam felt his heart jump out of his chest as he looked to the pretty girl beside Eleanor to see Danielle. Louis and Eleanor seemed to be having a serious discussion whispered in each other’s ears. By the looks of it Louis was losing the fight which was confirmed as the three of them made their way over towards Liam. Wishing he was invisible Liam waited hoping they would pass him by, no luck.

"Hey! Liam! Look who we just ran into!" Eleanor lied. Louis looked worried, Liam almost felt bad for him but the pit of his stomach told him this was all a trap and Louis was the orchestrator, and then he didn't feel so bad.

"No you didn't. I watched you walk in together. Don't lie to me." Liam said angrily. Eleanor looked shocked at his response.

"What? Oh um yea, we meet outside just before. So listen Louis and I are just going to leave you too alone then." El recovered.

"No...No need to leave, I'll go." Liam said as he pushed passed the group.

"Liam! Don't be rude!" Eleanor shouted after him. He could feel his anger rising in his chest, he couldn't bite his tongue.

"How am I being the rude one in this situation El? Seriously, I love you but I don't need you to forced Danielle and I together, we broke up! Stop trying to fix every damn thing!"

Liam yelled as loud as he could hoping his words would sting both Eleanor and Danielle. It seemed to do just that. She looked up at Louis for help, he provided none.

"Lou, are you going to let him talk to me like that?" Eleanor whined. Louis hesitated he looked torn.

"Yea... Sorry babe, but he is right." Louis said. Eleanor looked like she had been slapped in the face, Liam was surprised at Louis response but grateful, El looked to Dani for help.

"Liam, don't be a jackass to the people around you." Dani spat out angrily.

"Don't talk to me Danielle about being a jackass. You take the cake for that one!" Liam shot back, he could feel his anger surging.

"Hey, everybody stop fighting, it's not worth it." Louis interjected. "We all came here to have a good time so how about we do that."

He was trying to smooth things over now. Eleanor looked proper pissed at him.