two

-

i woke up to my phone alarm blasting in my ear, god i hate it but i need to fix my sleep schedule.

i noticed that it was 5:30 in the morning when i looked at my phone, pretty early so it's not that bad.

mom was already awake, i could hear sizzling downstairs which meant she was making breakfast for me before i go to school.

i was still thinking about the sketchbook thing my therapist suggested, especially when mom already liked the idea.

i got up from my bed, stretching to where it aches, and stood up slowly making sure i don't get lightheaded.

i did my usual morning routine, got dressed, and headed downstairs. just by the smell of bacon, i knew she made waffles.

"morning mom." i'd greet, a soft smile appearing on my face. "good morning, sweetheart, did you rest enough?" she'd ask, giving me a soft smile.

"i did.. i didn't have a nightmare, which is a good thing right?" i'd ask, a smile on my face. "of course it is dear!" she'd say, her voice tone in excitement.

-

after breakfast, i got everything together. my school things, my camera, my charger, and my phone.

the camera's for a school project, don't worry. i was assigned to film a horror short video with three fellow students, joseph, mark, xavier, and jacob.

i was assigned to film it, while two others act and the director studies everything. i'm really excited for this project really.

as i finished getting everything together, i got in the car, it was pretty chilly so i made sure to bring a hoodie.

mom decided to take me to school instead of taking the bus, i wasn't used to it much but at least i'm appreciative of her.

-

i said my goodbyes as she dropped me off, and i met up with the students i had to work with for the assignment. "hey guys." i said, getting their attention.

they all looked at me and smiled, greeting me back, and we got started on planning the film.

-

"and maybe we could put masks on to involve in it?" mark asked. "hm, that doesn't seem bad." xavier replied.

"what do you think?" mark asked me. "yeah, i like the idea." i'd reply, nodding. "alright then, let's get started shall we?"

it took a few minutes to memorize the script and film, so i was careful.

mark was the director, xavier, joseph, and jacob were the actors, while i was the cameraman.

"camera rolling.." mark said, he put his hand in front of the camera. "action!" i stepped up to xavier, jacob and joseph while they were acting.

"alright cut cut! that was good, yeah, uh yeah that was good, i'm thinking we do a wide angle and we're done yeah?" mark asked.

"yeah!" i say, stepping back a bit. "okay, how much?" i stepped back more. "uhh.. a bit more." when i stepped back more, mark put his hand up as a stop and i stopped. "perfect." he'd say, and put his hand up to camera again. "camera rolling?" he'd say, i nod and he moved his hand in a karate chop position. "action!"

they acted again, and it took a while.

after about 5 minutes, mark stopped them and we were done for the day. we packed our things to go, and we all got in xavier's car.

-

we were all talking as xavier was driving.

"but yeah, i told my mom that we'd be busy for a few days because of the project." mark said, looking at his phone.

"yeah, i told my mom we'd be busy too, and she was fine with it." i'd say, looking at my camera.

everyone else was talking while xavier drove, until then another car came towards us, xavier tried to move as quick as he could until then.. everything went black.

-

my vision was blurry as i woke up hearing sirens and communication. "stay with me kid, come on!" a paramedic told me but i couldn't hear well.

i blacked out and i couldn't wake up but i could hear everything.

-