Not in my wildest dreams...

Its been 2 hours and still Im waiting. Waiting for him. Jake Steinberg. If I dont love you I wont wait for you, and call it quits. I just cant let him suffer more when Im gone. I just cant see him weep. I just cant.

Ive been diagnosed with ALS. And its incurable. I havent told him about it. And weve been together for 4 years now. We were the high school love team. Look at me. Im reminiscing the past. This is crazy. Its killing me.

Im really sorry cupcake. I was stuck in traffic.

Thank God you arrived. I thought Im gonna wait here forever.

Theres no other forever cupcake. Only us!

Stop with those sweet messages. You owe me a lot for letting me wait here. Alone.

*How can I make it up on you *

*Well, just listen. I have to tell you something. But please listen to me.*

Actually, I dont know how to start everything. I mean weve been together for 4 years now. How will I tell someone I love so much that Im leaving him. That Im dying. That he will never be with me. That we will never fulfill our promises for each other. That we will never get married. That we will never have children. That we will never hold hands until the sunset of our lives. Together.

Ok. Jake. I am leaving. Im leaving for good. I dont know how to start it.

Youre kidding right. I mean. Youre just saying these things because youve waited for many hours. I am sorry that I let you wait.

No. Its not about that. Weve been together for many years now. And its so hard for me to tell you that Im breaking up with you. Not because I fell out of love. But because I love you so much and it hurts me so much to tell you that.... Im dying.

WHAT. Stop this joke cupcake. Its not funny at all.

No Im serious. Ive been diagnosed with ALS. And its incurable. I dont know how I got it. I just found out today.

Wait. Maybe they just had a mistake. We can ask a second opinion. Right. We can always do that. Thats not true. Maybe...

Jake. No. They got it right.

*

My hands were shaking. I cant look at him. I know he is in pain. But I have to do it.

Jake. Im sorry. Im really sorry.

No. We will fight this. Together! I will be with you. I wont let you go.

But Jake...

NO! Stop it cupcake. We did not ask for this. Maybe theres a reason why this is happening. Maybe God wants us to realize something. Maybe this is a reason for me to stay with you and fight this right, together. Just the two of us.

I wasnt able to say things anymore because he hugged me. He hugged me so tight and I know he was crying that time. I felt his tears on my shoulders. Why is this so difficult for me and for him. We had the best years together. And now, this. We are not prepared for this.