The truth.

We went to the hospital together. We were holding our hands. I was so nervous. I kept staring at my watch. Counting. Waiting for the doctor.

Sophie. Dr. Reyes will see you now.

Ok Sophie. How are you now

Im still digesting everything. I dunno.

I know its hard. Is this your boyfriend. The one that you told me.

Yes doc. He is. This is Jake. Jake this is Dr. Reyes.

Nice to meet you doc.

Ok. So, your ALS is progressing. Do you feel the numbness already. Like the diffulty in moving... Or talking..

Yeah. Sometimes my hands are shaking. And I cant hold something for so long.

Those are part of the symptoms Sophie. But let me be clear ok. Most people with ALS can only live within 3 to 5 years as the condition progresses.

Doc wait. Are you sure about this.. I mean have you done enough tests to prove this. This is too much.

Yes I did. Ive been talking to Sophie for a few months now. Didnt she tell you about it

No she didnt.

Jake stared at me for how many minutes. I dont know if he is waiting for me to talk..

Doc, I just cant tell someone so important to aside from my family that Im going through something very important. Something deadly. I know you understand that right

Yes I do. I know this is hard for you...

Doc sorry to cut you. But are you really sure about this. Can you do another tests to check this again. please.

I can always do that.. but..

But what. Tell me. I mean...

Jake stop. I am trying to accept this already. Weve done so many tests...

And you didnt bother to tell me right

Yes I know. Because I dont want you to suffer.

And you think I want you to suffer alone. Huh cupcake. You think I will let you fight this on your own.

No. I just dont want to see you suffer.

And you think I want to see...

Hold on. Lets just all be relax ok. She doesnt need this kind of stress. We still have medicines that she can take throughout the process. But this is incurable. I just want you to be prepared.

Thanks for making it more difficult for us doc ok. Were leaving. Lets go Sophie.

Bye doc. Im sorry.

You call me if you need anything Sophie.

We went out of the room. He was holding hands so tight. And I know he is pissed off. I know he is mad at me for not telling him about this since the beginning. I just did that for his own good. I just did that for him. Because I love him so much. But...

Sophie, this is so much to digest right now. Did you tell your parents about this

Yes I did.

Oh my God Sophie. Ok. We will fight this. I will be with you cupcake. Remember that.

That day was the most difficult day of our lives together. Him finding out about my ALS. It felt so bad. I know hes hurt. I know. But... crap!