Reki?

"Hahaha. After all these years, you still have that side....don't you? The side I created is still inside you."

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

"Haa...haa...haa..." - Reki gasped for air as he held onto the cold iron gate. It's been a day since he went missing and he recall the face of his mother worried sick as she stayed up waiting for him to come home. 

"Damn it!" - Reki cursed under his breath in pain due to the previous encounter with Tadashi. Reki couldn't go back home looking like a mess so the only thought that came to him was to head to the hospital.

"Of all places..." - Hospitals were not a place Reki was very fond of. But with every shaking breath, Reki limped all the way to the hospital with his board in one hand. 

'Reki, my dear Reki, won't you return with me?' - Disgust suddenly clouded Reki's mind when he recalled Asahi's words in the abandoned warehouse.  As he made it through the hospital entrance, the sun started to set outside and the blazing midday sun shone relentlessly on the people walking by. The roads and houses shimmered from the heat of the afternoon sun.

"Ah." - Reki groaned in pain as he made his way past the receptionist who seemed preoccupied with a call to notice an injured Reki. Reki had finally made his way to the elevator and his legs gave out on him. As he collapsed to the floor, he stared blankly at the open doors in silence with the pain biting at his ribs. 

'It hurts!' - Reki thought to himself as the elevator door closed, Reki curled as he hugged his legs.

'It hurts, doesn't it?' - Reki's eyes widen as he sits up.

'You...what are you-' - Reki's eyes were widened by what he saw in front of him. It was a reflection in the elevator walls. All four corners seem to look down on him. On all four sides were reflections staring down at him but not just any reflections. It was his very own reflections staring him down with cold eyes. 

'What's with the look face? Is it really a shocking matter to suddenly see a noble person you cast away after all these years?' - The voice spoke with a satisfied smile on his face.

'Come now my sweet creator. What's with that dark expression? Aren't you happy to have me? With me around you can be anything. You can be anything you want. I heard that Asahi is back. Do you want me to get rid of him for you?' - Reki was silent not because he was scared but because he was in shock. The reflection that spoke to him was the cause of his mischief. It is this very reflection that torments him in his dreams. It was his second personality Gekido.

'Leave me alone! I've had enough despair in my life after everything you did to my father!' - Reki shouted at his own reflection who only smiled in response. 

'My dear creator, where you not the one who demanded me to do as I please? I did as you said and got-' - Reki shut his eyes shut and held his ears crying.

'Leave me alone! Leave me alone!' - But even with that, the voice was now in his head shutting at Reki to free him. With every floor the elevator passed the voice started to ring in his ear but it soon stopped when the elevator came to a pause. The door slowly opened and Reki sat helplessly on the floor with tears falling down his cheeks. 

"Re...Reki?!" - Reki shot up his head when he heard a little voice shout his name from afar. There a little Miya in a school uniform approached Reki in shock.

"Reki, what happened to you? Wait, are you crying?!" - Miya shouted in panic as he reached out to touch Reki but stopped when Reki glared at him.

"I'm fine." - Reki said and stood up to his feet. Walking past Miya, he went straight for the exit. 

"Stop! Where were you, Reki?! Do you know how worried we were?!" - Miya questioned Reki as he followed him to the door. 

"And that promise of yours. You said you'd be there in the S community! You said you'd always be there!" - Miya shouted from behind Reki. Reki stopped in his tracks and looked back at a distraught Miya.

"Well, I lied." - Reki could see the hurt in Miya's eyes but he had to say it. Since he only said the things he said to Miya in order to convince himself. Reki clenched his skateboard and was going to comfort Miya when he heard a familiar voice from behind.

"So Langa, did you see Reki at school today?" - Joe's voice echoed through the hallway, and a few seconds later he heard Langa's voice. A voice he thought he'd never hear again.

"Reki!" - Miya shouted as Reki ran out of the exit. As soon as Langa heard Reki's name, he ran towards the commotion, and just in time he got a glimpse of Reki running out the door.

"Reki! Wait!" - Langa shouted as he ran after Reki, chasing after him just seemed impossible.

"Reki! Please wait!" - As Langa got to the entrance there was no longer any sight of Reki. Not a moment later both Miya and Joe got to the entrance bending out of breath.

"Did you catch him?" - Joe asked as stood up just in time for the trio to see Cherry standing stunned in front of them.

"Are you guys here to somehow escort me? Because I must say, you all have finally come to your right minds." - Cherry said as he mocked and laughed at the three who seemed to be frozen in place when Joe finally moved forward and slapped Cherry on the back.

"Reki was here you idiot." - Cherry's eyes widened as he stared at a sad Langa who seemed to be lost in thoughts as he stared down the road.

"Ah." - Cherry cleared his throat as he glanced at Joe and then at Miya.

"I'll probably take my leave first." - Cherry said as he walked off feeling embarrassed down to the core and Joe followed along.

"Langa....ha" - Miya sighed and decided to head back with the other two.

"Langa, come back later." - Miya said as he walked off towards the elevator.

"Reki...Reki was here." - Langa said feeling his heart squeeze inside of him. From a few blocks, away Reki ran afraid to let Langa see him in such a state.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

'Why are you running Reki? Don't you want to introduce me to that friend of yours? Eh, Reki?' - A voice inside him kept echoing and bothering him.