The Scramble for Africa

/w
The Scramble for Africa is the term for the European colonization of Africa. The Berlin Conference discussed how they would split it up, and was held in the mid 1880s ("Berlin West Africa Conference | Colonialism, Imperialism, Decolonization" 1). It was attended by Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Britain, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden-Norway, Turkey, and the United States (The Berlin Conference (1884-5) 4). Belgium, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Spain got the most significant cut of Africa (The Berlin Conference (1884-5) 8). There are many political cartoons about the Scramble for Africa. I would highly recommend looking at some political cartoons, they're very interesting. I very much enjoy political cartoons.

Bibliography

The Scramble for Africa | St John's College, University of Cambridge. www.joh.cam.ac.uk/library/library_exhibitions/schoolresources/exploration/scramble_for_africa. Accessed 5 Oct. 2023."Berlin West Africa Conference | Colonialism, Imperialism, Decolonization." Encyclopedia Britannica, 20 July 1998, www.britannica.com/event/Berlin-West-Africa-Conference.The Berlin Conference (1884-5). www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/notes/berlinconference.html#:~:text=The%20countries%20represented%20at%20the,the%20United%20States%20of%20America. Accessed 5 Oct. 2023.