000: In Which

In which...

"Mane! Turn dat shit off!" Kentrell hisses with a laugh

"Mane! Turn dat shit off!" Kentrell hisses with a laugh. "We ain't old and we ain't have nah nigga popped, sa why we's watchin' da nightly news?" Getting up, he gives his friend a bop on the head on his way into the kitchen. They weren't in some fancy mansion, just a condo overlooking the city. Meaning, the kitchen was but mere feet away. Still with a lit blunt balanced expertly between thumb and finger. The other hand is busy opening the fridge to grab something to drink.

On the couch, Tyquian rolls his reddening eyes and settles down in a comfortable position. "Sumtimes uh nigga just like bein' informed! Damn, slime!"

Behind him, Kentrel just laughs. "Mane windows sa big all yo dumbass gotta do is look-"

"BREAKING NEWS!"

Kentrell pouts as his joke gets cut short. Rolling his eyes, he goes to grab a cup from the pantry.

On the screen, a solemn looking blonde reporter. Her blue eyes pierces straight through lens and screen, almost as if she's looking directly into the souls and hearts of the viewers'.

"Tragedy out of Chicago, where news has come to light that a vehicle carrying two famed Chicago natives Durk Banks, otherwise known as Lil Durk, a rapper from Englewood and Dayvon Bennett, more commonly known as King Von, a rapper from Parkway Gardens, lost control and crashed."

Behind him, the sound of glass hitting marble and sequencing scattering all across the floor. Tyquian turns his head in time to watch his best friend running back to the television. He reaches out and grabs hold of his forearm for support. Only then does he notice the violence of his trembling. He pulls him towards the couch, almost guiding him to the vacant spot beside him. "Ayo.. chill, iight? 'm sure dey both o-"

"No word yet on what could have possibly caused the car wreck. First responders and police only confirming that one man has unfortunately died due to injures he sustained as a direct result of the accident..."

The blunt was ripped out of his plush lips. Turning again to see Kentrell frantically puffing on both of them whilst large tears paint his cheeks as he starts to hyperventilate and sobs start to slip through his parted lips.

"Kentrell.. he's-"

"Fuck off meh!" Kentrell spits venomously, shoving Tyquian to the ground as he jumps up and runs towards the stairs. The stairs leading of course to the bedrooms. Slamming a door behind him.

Kentrell re-emerges, crying, shielding his mouth with his hand to keep him screaming. In his other trembling hand, he holds his ringing cellphone.

One look and Tyquian understand what he's to do. He takes the device from his hands and answers it, albeit a little hesitantly.

"H-hello..?"