002: Haunting Hellos

Nardo

"So glad yo ass finally hea, jit." The man yawns as he rises from the waiting chair he's sat in for hours at this point. "When did 'first thang in tha mornin'' start to mean 'round noon?" He asks, scratching at the stubble growing on his face. Ever since the accident, life has been miserable for Nardo; juggling hospital visits with Durk and damn near taking care of Jamell as he's still struggling to make sense of it all. And 'thankfully' Kayla was there.. right when it was finally getting better to give him the ring Von was about to propose to him with. Needless to say, he hasn't been quite the same sense.

Yawning again, scratching at his cheek while his other hand slips into the pocket of his sweatpants to pull out a key. It was the key to Durk's condo; where Kentrell will more or less be staying. Until he was well enough to return to Atlanta at least. "Here." He hums, extending his hand toward Kentrell. "You wanna go put up ya bags first? I can stay hea fa uh minute." Flicking out his tongue to lick his lips. All that's really going to happen after he goes home is he's going to have to pry Jamell's ass out of bed and into the shower, then he's going to have to focus him to eat something. 

Shaking his head, a faint smile present on his lips. "But say, slime... how you watchin' 'im when yo ass all da way outchea?" A chuckle as he takes the key and slides it into his pocket. He'll just put everything up that night while Durk slept. 

Nardo rolls his eyes. "Don't start on me, jit." He warns as he starts zipping up his jacket. "Stay dangerous."

"What's his room numba again?" Kentrell's eyebrows crease.

"Hm? Oh... top floor and take a right. Remembea? Just tell tha nurse's station you hea fa Durk, slime."

Rolling his eyes. "Thanks. Thanks fa all da help."

Kentrell

Wheeling himself and his bags into the elevator, Kentrell sighs as he feels his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulls the device out and sees another text from Naujour. So far he hasn't answered a single one. He was miles away from him after all. What's the worst he could really do to him? 

"He needs uh fuckin' nap." Kentrell frowns, reading the message before shaking his head. He was definitely not about to call him. That's for sure. 

Thankfully, a kind looking nurse pointed him in the correct direction to Durk's room. He quietly opened the door up and carried his bags inside, leaving them leaning against the wall out of the way. 

On the bed, Durk is up. Groggy under all his medications but up and keen enough to grin at the sight of his ex-fiance. Honestly, when Nardo told him yesterday he was going to come and nurse him back to health... he didn't even believe him. I mean, why would he? When he blocked him on everything and refused to get in any sort of contact with him for all these months? He was really hoping this could be a sign that they could get back together, then Nardo warned him not to try anything because Kentrell already has a boyfriend. That was a bit of a hard blow, not as hard as wondering where Von is and why Nardo wouldn't tell him anything. 

"Hey." Kentrell approaches him with a grin curving his lips. "How you feelin'?" ANother soft spoken question, Durk's heart drums in his chest. Words can't describe how much he's missed the sound of his voice.

"'m coolin'." His own voice doesn't sound smooth at all. It's croaky and raspy, looks like he needs to both clear his throat and drink some water afterwards. "How you doin', baby?"

Kentrell arches his brow immediately at the pet name and gives Durk a hard glare. The glare alone tells the other male he's fucked up. "Ain't yo bahbeh no mo', jit. Don't get it twisted, iight?" 

Durk smiles meekly, a wave of warmth washing over him. His eyes are bright and shining, he laughs a little, "'m sarry. Just uh habit-"

"Yeah? Well.. don't let it happen again." Kentrell hisses, just as cold as before. "I got uh-"

"I know." Durk interrupts him, his eyes flickering down to his lap. "Iight? I already be knowin'." The monitor hooked up to his chest captures the way his heart's beat flutters before returning to normal.

Kentrell's hazel eyes watches the line bounce about. It makes guilt swirl in the pit of his stomach. Durk is sick and hurt enough already. He doesn't need this. He doesn't need this. "'m sarry, Durk." He breathes with a nod, reaching out to cup his cheek. His face still looked bruised even after all this time later. "It's okay. 'm not mad, I promise. Okay? Just.. just please try ta remembea. Okay?"

Durk sniffles a little and nods, not feeling up to looking Kentrell in the eye or responding at this point. He always messes everything up. That's all that's he's been thinking of during the night. How he ruined their relationship with his infidelity and how Kentrell is still kind enough to come back and help him. Even if that means putting his own life and relationship on pause for him. All night he's been thinking about how grateful he was to him and how excited he was just to get to talk to him again. How badly he wanted to let him know that what he was doing meant a lot and how he would try not to be so much trouble. This is really his last hope, not even at a relationship or anything but at least just a friendship... and he's ruined it already. His eyes start to sting and a lump forms in his throat. He's on so much medication, each with a different side effect not to mention the fact he also died so many times between the night of the crash and when he woke up yesterday. And, he still doesn't know where Von is... Slowly, he turns his head to completely face away from Kentrell. 

The younger of the two feels more and more guilty as the seconds tick by. He knows why he's on guard too, fucking Naujour. Still, he knows that he can't blame him for how he treated Durk. "D-Durk..?" He asks in a shaking voice. Maybe he needs to call Nardo or get a nurse? Nice going Kentrell... you fucked up already and you haven't even been in the hospital for ten minutes yet. Maybe Nardo is still in the parking lot... "Please, 'm sa sarry.." His voice starts to crack, pressing his lips together to keep from tearing up. "All I wanna do is-is help you..." Times like these all he can hear is Naujour's slurred words telling him how bad he is at everything and drilling in the fact that he's a failure. 

"You are helpin' me." Durk turns to look up at Kentrell, knowing when his voice cracks that's a sign he's tearing up. He hates to make the other upset, although his actions in the past haven't always reflected that fact as they should have. "Ian mad at you. Just mad at me." He explains, pressing his lips into a thin line. "I got uh question." His eyes aren't shining anymore and his words are dull and hollow. 

But none of that matters to Kentrell, he's just relieved that he's talking again. "What?" Flicking out the tip of his tongue to curve his lips inward and wet them against it's surface.

"Where's Von?" Now Durk's voice cracks and instantly Kentrell is alarmed to see the tears swimming in them.

All Kentrell could think was... he... he... he doesn't know?