#5 Promise and Wedding day.

Next morning,

She had also prepared breakfast for both of them early, when suddenly she heard a noise in the room so she immediately went to his room.

- Are you awake? Good morning.

- You too, good morning, Mika. - he replied.

- The breakfast is ready, you should wash your face quickly - she said when she placed a basin of warm water next to him.

- Thank you.

- Hurry up, otherwise the food will get cold.

- Yes, thanks.

After breakfast, it was time for the two of them to say goodbye.

She sat down low to his eye level:

- Kagaya, can you give me one year? One year for me to arrange everything in the temple and then I will return to be your wife.

- Okay, don't make me wait too long.

- I promise,

After that, she immediately took out the Omamori (Japan peace talisman) that she was about to give to him.

- This is a peace talisman I made myself. Please take good care of it!

- Thank you.

- Wishing you a safe journey. - She bowed slightly to see him off, and he also responded.

__________

Winter leaves, spring turns to summer and returns, 

The year of their promise has also come to.

The works at the temple has been arranged smoothly by her.

Before the day she had to leave, she visited the old woman's grave behind the mountain.

- Old lady, I have to leave tomorrow, I will marry Kagaya. You know, I see that in a long time ago, he and I were husband and wife. I don't know why my and his life had been no longer intersecting for last thousand years. Thought don't know why it happened, I'm feeling so lucky in this moment. Thank kamis for bringing him back to me.

When she turned her back, the soul of the old woman in the tomb smiled at her back and then gradually disappeared into nothingness.

The cold wind blew.

- Are you gone yet? Hopefully we will meet again in the next life.

______

Mika POV,

That night, 

I can't sleep, so kneel in the main hall to pray.

I sit there for I don't know how long, but as soon as the sun rose, I bow my head in thanksgiving.

- Lady Mika, where are you? - that belongs to Seiko, one of the three children she mentors.

- I'm here.

Hearing my voice, Seiko quickly enters the main hall.

- Lady Mika, do you really have to leave today?

I nod slightly and reply:

- The promised time has come, those heavy responsibilities must be handed over to them, Seiko.

The three children I lead have strengths in different areas but also compensate for each other.

Seiko was able to use her breath, Naoko was able to preside over temple ceremonies, and Aiko was really great at housework, cooking, and even medicine.