#3 The 1st meeting.

Mika POV,

Next morning, 

Surprisingly, not long after dawn, I realized someone appeared shiny in front of Torii gate. 

I immediately went out to see who was there so early. 

Opposite me was a very adorable child with purple eyes, wearing a kimono with the same color. 

Although this young man was shorter than me, he looked mature. 

I bent low to be at the boy's eye level and asked:

 - Hello, I'm Mika, the temple manager, how can I help you? 

The boy greets me:

 - Hello, I am Ubuyashiki Kagaya, the son of Mr. Ubuyashiki Kataya that you met yesterday. 

When I notice the boy's eyes, suddenly some service images passed through my head causing my cheeks to turn slightly red. 

- Then let's go inside and do need some tea?

After speaking, I  immediately led Kagaya to the living room to hide that comfort. 

- You know why you come here today, right? 

- Yes, I came to propose with you.

- So do you want to marry me? 

The boy opposite had a flash of surprise but it was quickly hidden. 

After a moment of silence, he replied.

 - Yes, I want to. 

- So we will spend a day together and in the morning, then you will get your answer to me honestly whether you like me or not! 

- Is that so important? - he asked in a low voice.

- Well, for me that's very important, the old lady who taught me used to teach me what to do. Happiness in marriage depends on the other person's intentions. And she doesn't want my marriage to be a successful decompression.

 - But anyway, we still have one day to make a decision. Why don't you try eating cake, I made it for you. 

He also obeyed, I can see a glimmer of love for the task in his eyes but quickly disappeared.

 He was  eventually taught but there was no need to hide such technical feelings yet.

 - Kagaya, do you want to walk around? 

- Yes. 

We walk around the temple.

Every day I come here to look for medicine plants, so I ensure that the path in the mountain is quite well, it is easily to distracted the people following him

 - I've cut off the crowd, I'll just take you to find a unique and beautiful scene. 

It can be seen that he have difficulty walking, because of  his weak body,

I walk over and carry him on my back. 

To be sure, I also used a silk ribbon to tie the two people together.

 - Please let me go down, I'm not a kid, I can go on my own foot. 

- This will go faster, don't worry I won't let you get hurt so you don't need to worry! 

After feeling the firm knots did I begin to move. 

It's true that it goes much faster. 

I casually introduce everything around, but not knowing that the boy behind her was blushing. 

Very quickly the two reached a place where they could look down on the surrounding towns. 

Then I let him down.

This is also the first time that Kagaya has seen the storm of scenes beating, people overcome fever; because for many years the boy had to live within four stuffy walls in the Ubuyashiki mansion. 

Even though it was almost the middle of summer, it was quite cold without any equipment in the forest. 

Seeing that his hands are still shaking and lonely, I immediately put my Haori out to help him.

He is quite surprised by her sudden action, but he did not object to it. 

My scent lingered on his shirt, making him feel quite comfortable.

 - I'm sure you're hungry too, just bring a bento, let's eat together. 

- Yes. 

After that, he help clean the towels, and takeout the bento boxes. 

I prepare quite fully, including rice, two main dishes, one drink, and dessert.

 - Itadakimasu - both said in unison.

___

After lunch,

I am quite surprised when Kagaya spoke first. 

- How long have you lived alone?

 -  Well, three years. ... After that time I live with old lady in this temple.

- What kind of person is she? 

- How are her? - She was vaguely immersed in the past.

- Being a gentle but also very strict person, she looks like a teacher, teaching me everything she known, from writing the first words to swordsmanship, as well as temple works. Sometimes I feel like she was training future managers for this temple. But for me it is the time was my greatest happiness time as real child. Being cared for, being loved, being able to do what you want and also avoid what I do not like. 

Then I look into the boy's eyes and saw the image of him trying to grow up early, trying to improve himself to shoulder the heavy responsibilities and pain caused by this sick body. 

I couldn't help but pull him into my arms and gently pat his head:

 - Kagaya, you worked hard, you did very well. But please be yourself and a real child today. 

The corners of his eyes are a little wet, so he hug me tightly and replied softly: 

- Thank you, Mika. 

I do not t know what to do other than pat and comfort him, gently placing a light kiss on his eyelids.

END Mika POV.

___

Kagaya POV,

I am quite surprised by her intimate action.

- Mika,... if you marry me, you will lose the freedom you are having.. 

She is so gentle and warm to him, like the morning sunlight dispelling the cold of the night, that he didn't want to drag her into this quagmire. 

"A quagmire that I don't know when I can get out."

I hope she would refuse so she could get better options. But thinking about it made my heart clench. 

That warmth I just want to keep for myself, no matter in my short life, I still want to hug her as long as.

To be continue,