Chapter 5 // What Now

I woke up on the floor, all the papers scattered all around me. I did some research on my dad turns out he is (No.4) on the FBI's most wanted list. I knew he was a criminal just not that popular, Liz is on there too for murdering Tom Connolly. I propped myself up against the couch, I sighed.

What now?

He told me he was leaving, do I go with him, what if he doesn't want me? I never had thought much about this until now, nor cared. I looked at the clock in the wall in front of me.11:27.

"Wow," I thought I haven't slept that good in months. It was Saturday, no school and no jobs might as well do something. I was putting on some clothes when I heard a knock at my door, I quickly finished getting ready. I sauntered over to the door and looked through the peep hole.
"How can I help you?"I sneered at the guy at my door, clearly not happy about being interrupted.

He responded in a deep African accent. "From Raymond," He says as he hands me a piece of paper.

"Oh...thanks...uh" I stop not knowing his name.

"Dembe" He says, "Well thanks Dembe." I say nicer since it's from Red.

Alex,
we need to talk, meet me at The Conservancy Park in Central Park at 1 pm.
-Red

No dip Sherlock, I just found out you were my dad! I looked at the clock, I still have a hour before I have to head over there.

Time Lapse...............

I check my phone 12:58, the anticipation is killing me. I watch all the kids playing in the snow grinning at their fits of giggles.

"What I would given to see you play in the Maryland snow like them."  Red says announcing his presence, he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Walk with me?" It was more of a statement than a question. I nodded; we walked in silence, it wasn't awkward just uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry," He choked out looking at the pond, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through and what you've had to deal with...everything."

To see one of the most feared criminals crying ...shocked me and nothing shocks me. He pulled me into a hug and I let him, my father planted a quick kiss on my head.

"Let's head inside,hmm? " I nodded unable to speak because I hadn't felt a special feeling from someone in a long time that feeling was..........
LOVE

A black Mercedes pulled up as he led me inside the car. After a while he started to rub my hand, seeing that I was tense. A little after I spoke up,

"What now dad?" I could get used to calling him dad.

"You can come with me. Only if you want to. But that means dropping everything and leaving, and never looking back." He explained, while his eyes were piercing through me.

Was I ready to do that? I had lived in New York for almost my whole life, I had made my life here. But I couldn't just lose him I had waited 17 years to finally find Raymond Reddington, and if I say no I'll never find him again.

"Alex look at me, your eyes are grey you're worrying and are deep in thought, I understand if yo-"

"No I want to go with you dad no matter what I want to be there with you by your side, even when you don't want me there."I respond looking him straight in the eye. He smiled, "Well then,we'll have to arrange some things then."

Dembe had dropped us off at my apartment.

"Can I come in?"Red asked.  "You already broke into my living room, do you really need to ask permission." I shot with sarcasm.

"It's nice." He commented. "Nothin' special, well make your self at home." I gestured to the reading nook.

"Alex," He started.

"Hmm?"

"You can't tell Lizzie that were related okay? She already has enough on her plate she doesn't need this."

"Got it," I wanted to ask him about Connolly, but not wanting to be a pest I decided to wait for a better time.
---------------------
I woke up at 7 am Red was laying on the couch his arms folded making hilarious faces from his dream. We had stayed up till 3 playing BlackJack and talking like he never missed a beat of my life. I decided to go take a shower. I was shaking my wet hair from the shower as I headed into the living room. Dad was repositioning all the pillows on the couch. I smirked we're just like each other, always obsessive compulsive about stuff like that.

"I'm afraid I have to leave Alex, I have some business to attend to. I would recommend packing some essentials just incase we have to leave quickly."

He strode over and gave me a side hug, "Be safe and stay out of trouble." He smirked.

"Physically impossible since I'm related to you." I shot back, he chuckled at my response. He smiled than let himself out the door. I grinned self-contently, I finally had found my dad.

----------------------------

#Soexictedforseason3