Chapter 2 // Christmas Mystery

He was watching me work and I'll admit it was hella creepy. I started typing faster to get the job done faster and to get away from his creepy stare. The woman from before strides in and sits in the chair next to him, I'm taking a wild guess that she's Elizabeth Keen.

"Alex meet Elizabeth, Lizzie meet Alex." He introduced us.

I Knew it, my Mom always said I was my fathers clone.

"Hi," I mumbled. I was focused on the computer, or more importantly trying to ignore him staring at me.

"Alex here, is top of his class and he skipped a grade also one of the best hackers, even better than Ivan (No.88) and only 17. "Red informed Liz.

Okay now I was getting really creeped out, not only did he know my age he also knew that I had skipped a grade.

"Hmm, why again do we need him Reddington?"She whispered in his ear still skeptical of me.

"Lizzie stop being so secretive we can trust him, Alex is here because he putting some money into an account of mine in Russia, and also doing you a favor before the Cabal can put any more lies on your flyer."

I cleared my throat not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

"Mr.Reddington I'm finished, if that's all you need me to do," I said smugly, clearly proud of myself for doing that in record time.

"Well thank you young man,that was very fast." He said smiling warmly at me. As he walked toward me I started getting a funny feeling I just ignored it for now, I've always bragged on myself for not letting people see what I'm feeling. He hands me an envelope that has my payment in it, then he stops and tilts his head at my left hand.

"Where did you get that ring?" He asked me with curiosity and sadness in his eyes

"Uh...my mom gave it to me, it was supposed to be a Christmas present for my dad." I answered truthfully, it felt like I could trust him, and I haven't trusted someone in a long long time.

"Thank you," Red responded.

"For what?" I asked him.

"For telling me the truth, I don't get that a lot in my life."

"Sure, well...uh bye, Ms.Keen, Mr.Reddington," I responded as I showed myself out the door. As I stepped into the crisp November night, I thought about my dad, and wondered what did ever happen to my father after that Christmas?