5- "𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛.."

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎..."
𝚖.𝚏
≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

I WAKE UP in a familiar room the next morning. I slowly open my eyes, trying to get my vision to focus and I see this figure beside me reading a book. My vision becomes more clear as I realize the figure beside me was Miles.

"ughhh..." I groaned softly. "My head.." I mumbled. I started sitting up slowly, noticing my surroundings. "Hey, you ok? You passed out last night and Kate found you." Miles told me.

I start getting flashbacks from last night and seeing that weird figure...

FLASHBACK

I re-entered the mansion and went into the kitchen to grab me a pop-tart. I started to hear people whisper in my ear, but no one was there. "H-hello?" I whispered. I turned around and saw a tall figure in the distance in all black clothing and long hair, slightly blocking his face.

I screamed very loud and heard Kate quickly running downstairs. "Y/n! What happened??!" She asked me. Everything starts to go black as I pass out and only heard Kate's voice.....

END OF FLASHBACK

"Oh yea, I remember now. What happened after that?" I asked him. He then told me that after Kate found me, she told him to watch me until I woke up. "Are you feeling any better?" Miles then asked me. "Yea I guess, just my head is killing me. I think I hit my head really hard when I passed out." I said.

"Well you want some Tylenol?" he asked me. I nodded my head and he left the room to go find some. As he left, I started to think about what happened last night. Who was the tall figure last night. I flinch a little as my head starts to throb again.

A few minutes later, Miles comes into the room with a pill bottle and a cup of water. "Here" he says giving me the pills and water. I quickly take the pills and drink some water to help them go down. I put down the items in my hand on the table next to me as Miles starts to talk.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something." He said. "Sure, whats up?" I said. "What did you see that made you faint?" He asked in a serious tone. I opened my mouth a bit and then paused. I didn't know if I wanted to tell him cause I didn't know if that mysterious person was in my head or actually real.

He started at me with a confused expression. "Well... I don't really know if what I saw was real or in my head." I told him. "You can tell me, don't worry, you can trust me." He said in a sympathetic tone. Miles then put his hand on mine, slightly rubbing it with his thumb. My cheeks felt hot (which ones? 🤨) as he did this. I looked at him and he had a soft smile on his face.

I took a deep breath and explained what happened last night. His soft expression turned into an irritated one. After I was done talking, I heard him mumble underneath his breath. "Quint.." He spoke. "Huh?" I questioned, pretending like I didn't hear him.

"Nothing don't worry bout it. Anyways, if you are feeling up to it, me, Flora and Kate are going to the Koi pond. Wanna come?" He asked me. I nodded my head as I hear Miles door creak open. It was Kate opening the door. "Jeez, ever heard of knocking?" Miles spat. "Sorry about that, I just wanted to check up on Y/n." She told us.

"I'm doing fine Kate, just my head hurts a little bit." I responded. "Well that's good. Me, flora and Miles were about to head to the Koi pond, do you want to come with us?" She asked. "Miles already asked me but sure." I told her. "Ok, well hurry up and get dressed!" She said, quickly walking out of the room.

I start to get up and go to my room when I feel a hand grab my wrist. "Where are you going?" I hear Miles say. "Oh, I was just going to get dressed to go outside." I said. "You can change in here, I don't bite, and you can borrow my clothes if you want." He smirked. "O-oh thanks." I nervously spoked. I start to pick out a shirt and jacket from Miles closet as he turns around when I start to undress myself.

"Ok done!" I said out loud as Miles turns around. "Hey, I can also give you that riding lesson." He suggested. "Sure, I wouldn't mind." I told him as he got up and grabbed his coat of the chair in his room.

------

"Head up, thighs against the horse, sit in the center of the sattle, you'll get better balance." The sound of a whip can be heard against the skin of the horse. Miles continues to tell me tips on riding a horse and the horse spins around in a circle. "Ride harder, put your thumb of the top on the reigns, and you pinky on the bottom. Don't let her get the bit!" He told me.

"I'm not damn." I said. How is riding a horse so hard. "Rein her in hard." He spoke. The horse comes to a stop as I start to breathe hard. Miles clicks his tongue, signaling the horse to come his way. "Well done." He said. "You didn't have to keep whipping her." I told him while getting of the horse.

"Yes I did." He said. "You wanted to learn, thats how Quint taught me. It's a strong animal. If you don't exert power over it, then you'll never gain control. He continued. I walk over to where Flora was sitting and sat beside her. "Milessssss" She called out. "Im boredd, can we show Kate and Y/n the koi pond now!" She spoke. "Yea, lets check it out." He told us.

We rode the horses to the koi pond. Flora and Kate was riding the white one and Miles and me were riding the black one. "Look! That koi is like, bumping into the wall." I hear Flora say in the distance as we got closer to the pond. Miles gets off the horse first and helps me get off next.

I hear Flora and Miles laughing together as I look into the pond and see all the fish. I look to my right to see a bird munching at a fish that was out of the water. "Guys look." I said as everyone starts staring my way. Miles and Flora starts running to the fish as me and Kate trail behind them. "Aww, poor baby." I hear Flora say in a sad tone. I frown from looking upon the half eaten fish.

All of a sudden, Miles starts to aggressively stomp on the fish. "Miles!" I say shocked. He continues to stomp on the fish until it stops moving. Not gonna like that was kinda fine. "What are you doing?" I hear Kate say. Miles then turns to us. "Nothing should have to suffer." He says with a cold expression on his face.

"That was my favorite fish.." Flora spoke. "Now you've seen the koi pond." Miles told me and Kate while walking away from the pond. We all start to follow him, heading back to the house.

------

I put on my headphones and lay in a comfortable position on my bed. I start to think about what Miles said earlier when I told him what- well, who I saw last night. Who was Quint? I did know that he taught Miles how to ride horses but thats all I knew. I went to lay on my side when I see a shadowy figure standing in the doorway. A jump a little before I get a clear sight of who it is. "Oh hey Kate." I said.

"Hey Y/n, can I talk to you?" She asked me while closing my door. "Sure, whats up?" I took off my headphones as she sat down beside me. She sighed before she started talking. "I think you should stay away from the Miles kid.." I gave her a confused expression. "He seems like a very bad influence, especially cause of what happened today." She told me. "Ok?" I said, knowing damn well I wasn't going to listen to her. She said thank you and left my room. I changed into my pjs and decided to go to bed early since I had school tomorrow.

Today was a hectic day...

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎..."
𝚖.𝚏
≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

WORD COUNT: 1444