Chapter 8 part2

***Belle pov***

Mummy rushed off on some phone call and now I'm in the kitchen with Matt. He is holding me with one arm and getting our breakfast ready with the other. I'm really cold and I just want to go back to sleep. I snuggle with Matthew as he holds me in hope of becoming warmer.

"Belle is it okay if I set you down so I can finish making breakfast?" Matt asks me.

"I'm super cold and tired and I want to snuggle." I say in a sleepy whine.

"You need a cup of hot chocolate to help you feel better. I'm going to set you down in this chair at the counter and let me get you some hot chocolate." Matt tells me. He sets me down exactly where he said he would and goes back to work in the kitchen.

"So right now I've made some bacon and eggs. Do you want anything else for breakfast?" Matthew asks me as he places the eggs he just cooked in the oven with the bacon to keep it warm.

"Could you make pancakes and strawberries with nutella?" I ask him sweetly.

"Anything for you. I think mummy will like that too." Matt replies. Then the microwave rings. "Your hot chocolate is ready." Matt says as he places it in front of me.

"Thank you." I reply while yawning. I am still really tired. Matthew keeps working on making breakfast and I sip on my hot chocolate. Then mummy comes out of her office and walks into the kitchen looking really happy.

"Who was on the phone,mummy?" I ask.

"It was some phone calls about my work." Mummy explains.

I nod and keep sipping on my hot chocolate. Why would mum be so happy about work stuff?

***Emma pov***

"Thank you for making breakfast Matt." Belle says politely.

"Your welcome." Matt replies.

"Belle, how about you go upstairs to your room so you can get dressed. I will be up there in a minute to help you." I say.

"Okay mum." she replies happily as she heads upstairs to her room. Matthew and I clear off the table and clean the dishes.

"So what we're your phone calls about?" Matt asks as he places a few plates into the dishwasher.

"I got the role of Belle in Beauty and the Beast!!" I say excitedly.

"That's amazing Emma! I'm so proud of you." Matthew tells me. "You should go help Belle get ready now. You can tell me all the details from your phone call later. I will clean up the rest of the dishes."

"Thanks Matthew" I say as start to walk to Belle's room. When I get there she is laying on her floor curled up in a blanket. "I can see you are definitely getting ready." I say sarcastically.

"This blanket is soft and cozy." Belle tells me.

"Well we have to get ready. There is a lot to do today. What do you want to wear?" I ask as I look through her closet. Belle is still on the floor wrapped up in the blanket but she sat up and is at least looking towards me paying attention.

"I don't care mummy. You always pick out good outfits. You can decide." Belle tells me. I look through her closet and decide on a plain red long sleeve dress and some red and green striped tights and black flats.

I hold out the outfit and ask, " Is this good?"

"Yes I like that. I told you that you pick out the good outfits." Belle tells me sweetly. She changes into the clothes I picked out. Then I brush her hair and put in a matching headband.

"I'm going to go get ready. You can play in here or go downstairs and talk to Matthew." I tell Belle.

"I'll go downstairs." she says. Then I go get ready.

***

"So what exactly are we doing?" Belle asks. Matthew, Belle and I are in the living room by the main Christmas tree.

"So the boxes by the fireplace have ortnaments in them and we are going to put them on the tree so it's pretty." Matt explains to her.

"Sounds like fun." Belle says as she looks into the boxes to find an ornament. We have Christmas music on in the background and I know this is a memory we will always have. I sit by the boxes and hand ornaments to Belle and Matthew.

We do this for a little and then Matthew asks, "Do you want to switch so you can put some on?"

"Sure" I tell him and then I start to pput some ornaments on the tree.

"This is lots of fun we should do this every year as a family." Belle says as she twirls around and puts another ornament on the tree. I love how the little things we do together make her so happy.

"I think that is a great idea Belle." Matthew replies. I nod in agreement. I love our little family. We keep putting ornaments on the tree and sing along to the Christmas songs. Once the whole tree is covered and all the ornaments are on the tree it's time to put the star on top.

"Do you want me to hold you up so you can put the star on top?" Matt asks Belle. She nods excitedly. I help Belle club onto Matt's shoulders and sits. Matthew stands up and then Belle puts the star on the top of the tree.

Then I turn on the tree's lights and Belle says, "We did a really good job. This is a really pretty Christmas tree."

"It is really pretty." I reply. Belle carefully gets off Matt. It's around 1:30 and we haven't eaten lunch yet, but we had a big breakfast. Matthew and I still have to go present shopping for Belle. Bonnie is supposed to be here around 2:30 to hang out with Belle while we are gone.

"Does anyone want lunch?" Matthew asks.

"Mee! I'm starving!" Belle says.

"If you were hungry why didn't you say anything?" I ask Belle.

"Well I wasn't starving until Matthew mentioned food." Belle tells me with a grin on her face.

"Okay silly let's go to the kitchen and find you some food." I say as I pick her up and tickle her. She laughs and that makes Matt and I laugh. Then we go into the kitchen to find some lunch.

****

"Okay we will be home by nine at the latest. Belle needs to go to bed between eight and eight thirty.." I tell Bonnie as I head out the door until she cuts me off.

"We will be fine. I'll find something for us to eat for dinner, and she will be asleep before you get home." Bonnie assures me.

"But.."

"Goodbye Emma." Bonnie says as she shoos me out the door.

"They will be fine Emma." Matthew tells me as we get into the car. I'm just worried. What if something happens? I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down. They will be fine. I think to myself.

"Okay so let's head to the mall." I say to Matt. Then we drove off for an evening full of traffic and shopping.

Sorry it took so long. Going on a road trip next week and I promise to write a bunch then.
-S