The Great Tale Of How I Ruined It All

Haru and Satoru sat in their seats patiently waiting for their new teacher to come in. New school, new them. It was a grand upgrade from Springwood Jr High and U.A. was like peasants staring at a castle. Their new school was something to marvel at, even when they're third-years.

The ceiling was high enough to store full clouds in, with doors nearly reaching them. Smaller doors for their size trembled in fear at the size of the height accommodating door. The walls were spotless and the floors were freshly swept, mopped, and polished.  Even the pink trees outside lining the entrance of the school were covered in fresh flowers. Not a single flower was wilting or a branch dead.

Compared to their old school which used a run-down prison as a foundation for learning, it was a true paradise. Springwood was covered in rats, roaches, and any other pests that came to mind. Once, he could have sworn that in the ceiling tile was a rat being eaten by a group of roaches. Most of the school didn't work, and last year a set of stairs snapped on a student. They repaired the floors with a piece of wood from the courtyard that was nailed into the old step. It was scraps for a playground since it was going to be an elementary school first but ended up being a middle school because it was lacking in the area.

"Haru, do you think this place is a little too good?" Satoru, her twin asked. He taped his foot impatiently and stared at the impossibly perfect walls. His dark gray hair was tangled in his palms since he couldn't keep his hands out of it when he had no hoodie to cover it. 

"Maybe it's the height of the ceiling. They're freakishly tall." She commented with her eyes gazing up at the ceiling, which lacked the tiles that Springwood had. "It was like the week they didn't have school they had taken down and rebuilt this place."

"It's not perfect!" He pointed up at the subtle scratch on the glass. It was minuscule and hard to spot, but it was a scratch.

Haru raised her hand up and without looking. Satoru reached back and high-fived her. It was the win they weren't looking for, but needed. With all the perfection, the mistake was satisfying and comforting.

"Hey, do you two know who the teacher is?" Someone from behind asked. Misty purple hair covered their eyes and only a wide smile peeked from their bangs.

"No, I don't think we do." Haru turned in her seat to greet her classmate. It was a good thing someone had introduced themselves since they were never going to talk first. Comfort in each other is easier to find than finding a new person to talk to.

"It's that one hero that erases people's quirk. The one where the media is very hush about."They smirked, "I heard he was a real bitch of a teacher."

"Oh," Satoru didn't like harsh words on people he didn't know jack shit about. It was like calling a baby a future creep. It didn't feel right calling it too quick. "Why so?"

"I heard from a second-year that after the first day of school, they only had half of the class. By the end of the year, only seven students ended up staying. He expelled half of the class on the first day." they tilted their head to see them better past the hair. Half of their face the twins could see had reddish-yellow eyes they had glared sharply from behind. Bottle cap earrings dangled from a piercing that had been tortured by heavy jewelry that slowly stretched her earlobes.

"Is that so?" She had glanced at her brother, who wore a suspicious face.

'If that's true, then one of us would most likely be expelled.' He had thought to himself

'Seems outlandish in my opinion. No way a teacher is allowed to expel more than half of the class, ' Haru replied, wanting to debunk the idea that their teacher would be that cruel.