A Man After Midnight

Star had just gotten out of the class and had successfully evaded the other students. It was like a swarm of bees trying to attack him, and he's lucky he escaped with just a scratch.

It was late already, and despite it being so close to summer break he was already going to kick back and enjoy the night. He doesn't like to go out at night, other than simply shopping down the street or going to and from school. It was dangerous since other students loved to pick fights with him when teachers weren't present.

Now, he got to enjoy the open skies. It was almost cloudless with a nearly full moon. He got to enjoy the park in peace, despite it being closing hours. No one really cared if anyone was there after dark. It was more of a suggestion and officers would rarely kick him out if he was mingling past dark.

He sat at the swings, staring up at the trees and listening to the late-night cicadas yell into the night. They were awfully annoying, yet had a way of being a summer symbol. It was like that annoying family member you still cared about because they're family.

He didn't know what time it was, but it was later than he should have been out. Late enough that the cops would kick him out if they saw him. He slowly made his way out of the park, enjoying the last bits of tiny creatures that stumbled across his path. He couldn't help but pick them up and greet every single one, from bugs to frogs.

His light gray sweater was the only thing that covered his school uniform, but other than the backpack, it wasn't obvious he was a school student.

There was a light coming from a restaurant nearby. One of those places where you can sit on a stool outside and eat without going inside. Personally, Andromeda preferred the outside dining because it was easier to run from someone when already outside.

"Hello," He propped himself on one of the stools and made himself comfortable.

The man inside motioned for him to order and he began, making sure his order was to go. He dug in his pockets for what felt like forever until he found the few bits of scrunched-up bills in his pocket.

"Hey, can you put the chairs upside down on the counters? Not many people come at night, so I usually remove some chairs." He pointed to the other chairs Andromeda wasn't sitting on.

"Got it," He said as he flipped the chairs onto the counters. The worker dipped behind the door where the cooking started. He waited patiently, watching the light across the street flicker and listening to the booming in the next city over.

There was supposedly a major fight a few cities over, in which some high-end heroes worked on. It's not like the major crashing wasn't normal ever since All Might had just been labeled Wonder. Now villains are trying to push it, trying to either defeat or be put in the spotlight by All Might.

They tried raising the crime rate again. Or had dropped to seven percent, which is the second lowest in the world, being beaten by Iceland. It was what labeled him a Wonder in the first place, so of course people would test his limits.

He wasn't a fan of the new Wonder. He loved heroes, but he was just too much. Too much of everything, and little personality past the jarring smile and overly muscled body. Still, after years he's happy he was labeled a Wonder and not a new primary villain. He didn't need more to worry about.

By the time the booming stopped the man came out with a piece of Tupperware and an oven mitt on. He carefully held it as he ripped the money out from his pocket again and counted it cautiously.

"One thousand, right?" He held it out to the worker and he reached for it with a kind smile.

He found himself being knocked down harshly, with the money being ripped from his hand. A man in a gray hoodie shoved him hard and swiped the cash from his hand. The chairs he had set up only minutes before came crashing down onto the concrete.