No Way

The train was rather empty since rush hour was long gone. All that was left was the smell of morning coffee that lingered in the air and a select few who had to work later in the day. The day had barely cracked noon, and yet they were on their way home already with their heads down.

Satoru put his head on Haru's shoulder, making sure the light wouldn't reach his eyes. She could tell that the migraine was getting to him, and the roar of the trains on the track made it no better.

Her eyes remained teary and puffy, and it would remain like that the whole day. Over the next hour or so they're gonna spend on the train harsh words will pierce Haru's mind. Her hair was tightly tangled in her hand as the controlling questions pulled at her head.

What would Mom and Dad think about them? She's sure they'll yell up a storm for the next couple of weeks, even though it wasn't their fault they were expelled. Surely they would be grounded for life for something they couldn't control. What will happen in the future? How do you manage to get into another school when you've been expelled on the first day?

"Haru…" Her brother groaned from her shoulder. "I'm sure we can explain it to Dad."

"We can't. When has he ever listened to us?" Her eyes began shining as droplets fell from her eyes, "What do we do now? Our careers as heroes are over."

Satoru's eyes teared up as well, despite not wanting to cry. He wasn't as nearly distraught as Haru, yet tears still flowed from his eyes.

"Please stop crying… you're making me cry." he sniffled slightly.

"Seriously, Satoru. What do we do now? We can't go home just yet." She wrapped her arm around her, "Our future is ruined now…"

"Why don't we just fake that we were in school until we go home?" He suggested, which made a new headache appear.

She went silent, not sure if she wanted to keep that plan or not. They could simply sit at the park all day until they had to go home since their parents wouldn't know they were not in school. It would delay it so they can plan out something to tell them.

"No, we'll get caught."

"Do you have a better idea? They can't yell at us more than they're going to." He lifted his head from her shoulder to clear the tears from his face. "Let's go eat at that place you love."

He held out his wallet to her and she scoffed at his idea. "You're paying for it?"

"Yeah, it's on me. So you can stop your stupid sobbing." He said lovingly, "Maybe they'll fire that teacher and take us back with a new teacher or something."

"Doubtful, but thanks." She took the wallet from his hand and placed it in her pocket.

They sat in silence for a while, not sure where to continue. The train ride was bumpy, yet it shook their brain enough so they didn't have to think about school.

When the train stopped with a harsh screech they stepped off with minimal care about anything to do with the damned school. Why should they care about something they couldn't control?

"Satoru…" She mumbled and he looked up at her.

"What is it?" he asked

"What if we don't go home…" She blurted out. It wasn't something she wanted to say, but it was what was on her mind.

"Like… forever?" He tilted his head.

"Yeah" Her arms crossed "No more late nights of yelling. No more constant changes and always going back and forth between grandpa's and mom's house."

Satoru stood in silence, trying to find something to say as he weighed the pros and cons. They were more than self-sufficient since their parents tended to argue more than take care of them.

"Maybe…" He scrunched his nose slightly, "How will we make money?"

"We'll find a way. If anything, they can't yell at us harder than they're going to. They can't ground us for longer either."

"I like this idea." a small smirk escaped from his face.