Chapter 4

When they woke up the next morning, the small group of seven all gathered around the mirror shield, outside of the palice of course.

"You'll come and visit us soon, right?" Twila and Midnight both begged while staring up at Linkette and Saria with tearful eyes.

"What do you mean?" a confused Linkette said, before turning into Luna and flying around them. "As my daughters, you're both coming with us back to Termina."

"Really?" they said in shock.

"Of course!" Saria said, coming over and hugging them both. "Luna did promise the gods of twilight to either stay here and raise you herself, or to take you with her and raise you in the world of light. Since we came here in the middle of a quest, we can't stay here for a long time. And because of that, you two have to go with us."

"Thank you!" they cried while hugging Saria back before turning to Luna and doing the same to her, luckily she turned back into Linkette first so she was not crushed.

"All right, so how do we activate it?" Tatl asked, getting them back on track.

"Allow me," Midna said, taking the shield and charging magic in her free hand, and touching the symbols on the edge in a specific order, creating a portal that sucked them all in.

With a flash of light and a huge splash, Saria, Twila, Midnight, and Midna landed in the water of the Spirit Spring in Ordon Village, while Ember, Tatl, and a quickly changed Luna flew above the spring.

"Aww come on!" Midna said, upset about the water, before grumbling about making a mistake on the order of the symbols she touched, as Saria muttered about getting a great fairy to give her a fairy form as well.

"Midna?" a voice said from the entrance of the spring.

"Ilia?" Midna asked, seeing the girl she had only met as herself as they were leaving to return to the mirror of Twilight after beating Ganondorf, the same time she destroyed the mirror before noticing it was dawn. "What are you doing here this early in the morning?"

"I was passing by, on my way to wait for Link to return," Ilia said. "After he and Princess Zelda took you home, Princess Zelda returned to the village alone. She told us that something strange had happened to Link on the way back."

"What happened?" Saria asked, causing Ilia to notice them, and causing a round of introductions before she answered where she had left off.

"I don't know," Ilia admitted with a soft sigh, "Zelda is the only one that does know, but anytime me or someone else asks her about it, she blushes and says that it's a personal matter for Link and that it is not her place to reveal anything about whatever it it is that's wrong with Link.

"Well, we'll have to try and talk to the princess then," Midna said, "I'm worried about him now and we actually came to the world of light because we needed to get Zelda's help with something else anyway."

"I wish you all good luck in finding out what's wrong with Link," Ilia sighed again and lowered her gaze to the rippling water of the spring in front of them. "My father isn't letting me leave again after what had happened on Link's journey. He became rather overprotective afterwords and while it has loosened up enough for me to wait for Link out here, it's not enough for me to be allowed to travel that far without him, and he has a busy day today."

"You did get kidnapped by King Bulbin," Midna said before looking at the others. "Let's go, in addition to the help we need, I want to make sure Link is okay."

"That sounds like a plan to me," Saria agreed, glancing over at Linkette, who smiled up at Midna with a slight nod of her head.

Midna smiled and gave Ilia a knowing look. "Ok then, now that we're all in agreement, let's get going."

"Right," the others said as they headed out of the forest and out into the mostly unchanged Hyrule Field, Ilia waving goodby to the group and wishing them good luck as they left the Spirit Spring behind them.