the cook out

Bella pov

I scooted all the way against the wall as I watched Edward season the ribs to put on the grill to start cooking.

Papa came in and grabbed the tray. Edward got to work on Cole slaw. Then I saw a beer in front of me.

I looked and it was my papa and he leaned against the counter next to me.

"He had this all prepped and ready for today without you even knowing and the day went to hell on you guys. I'm so sorry!" Papa said.

"Charlie this was no fault of your own. We still have tonight and this coming up this week. Alice is the one that started this in the first place so don't blame yourself. Oh and the assholes. But we will not go there." I giggled and Edward turned and looked up at me.

"There's my beautiful smile." He says. "Hey why don't I have the wagons packed up as we speak and you guys can leave on that work trip tomorrow. I need the wagons set up and loaded with the fences and tools and security ready to leave out tomorrow early afternoon." Papa said on the walkie.

"Now all you guys have to do is pack." Edward and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Cool, thanks boss." Edward told him and papa chuckled as he turned and walked out to check on the grill and Edward pulled me to the edge of the counter.

"A week alone whatever shall we do?" I giggled and signed.

Work.

He chuckled. "Alright smartass." He gave me a quick kiss and went back to cooking.

I went back to drinking my beer and thinking. I tapped the counter and Edward turned and looked at me and I signed.

Air bed and tent.

"Hey boss I was just reminded of the brand new tent and air bed." Edward said on the walkie.

"Tell the little lady I'm on it and don't worry about it. I'm packing the wagon myself with Emmett's help." Chuck said on the walkie and I giggled.

"You heard him all taken care of." Edward chuckled and went back to work.

We finally got to sit outside and eat all the food for the cookout.

Edward even made me a plate. Oh my God I was in heaven with his barbecue sauce.

I ended up falling asleep with my head down on the table and I felt Edward scoop me up.

"Just sleep, you had a long day baby. That's what I did up until it came to a blood curdling nightmare or should I say night terror from hell.

     Edward pov

I was woken from a dead of sleep from a blood curdling scream and I sat up and it was Bella.

Well once she started screaming she hasn't stopped that's for damn sure.

"Baby you're safe I love right here." She turned around and put a death grip on me and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Shh, I got you." I was glad Charlie took the kids tonight. She fell back asleep against me and I slowly laid us back down.

I wanted to kill Alice myself right now. I fell back asleep until I woke up and Bella was still sleeping thank God.

I just laid there and held her. I had no reason to get up this morning and I was going to stay right here right now.

      Bella pov

I slowly started waking up and I noticed Edward was still in bed.

"The kids stayed at your dad's last night and I'm glad they did after last too." I buried my face into his chest embarrassed.

I felt Edward chuckle. Then he gently lifted my chin so I could look at him.

"After the day you had yesterday I'm surprised you only had one nightmare. But hey you can scream now." He smiled at me.

I slowly climbed on top of him and pressed my lips to his and I deepen the kiss and he slid his hands under my shirt and I sat up and took my shirt off.

He sat up and started kissing behind my ear. I moaned when he found that spot again.

"There it is." He said he smiled. He's been trying to find it again and hasn't been able too.

I grinded my hips against him and his phone started to ring.

"Oh for the love of God. Hold that thought baby." I giggled as he picked up the phone and answered it.

"Yes, Charlie!" I moved my hips again. And he gripped my waist to try to hold me still.

"Charlie slow down she what?" I started to trail kisses down his neck and he tried not to moan and I moved my hips again.

"Charlie I don't understand and baby stop for a minute." I smiled and giggled.

I knew this was about Alice and I wasn't going to let her ruin this no more for me and I needed something good not bad and it had to happen before I got up ran and that's when Edward turned and looked at me and gave me that look.

I moved my hips and tipped my head and bit his shoulder.

"Dear fucking God. Charlie I don't fucking care what you got to do with Alice, if I don't deal with Bella, never mind just put it this way you won't have a fucking cabin. He hung up the phone and tossed it on the floor and flipped me and our clothes didn't last and it fast and powerful and full of love and I needed it and Edward started laughing.

"I really thought you were going to run for a second there when you realized it was Alice until you pulled that move. My god! I had to tell your dad something quick you drove me crazy or you already driving me crazy but that was over the top and it's been way too long." I started laughing and made him look into my eyes.

"You wanted something good. I can understand. I can understand the running part. But you got my full attention let me tell you." Then his phone started ringing.

"Oh come on, can't we ever get no peace and quiet?" He asked as he reaches over and grabs his phone and answer it.

"Yes Charlie she fine now. She almost took off on me." He told papa.

"Don't ever say that name to me again. I don't care Charlie. We will be there at 1 and if she touches the kids I will land her ass in prison. No question ask." Edward hung up.

"Now where we're were we oh yes about ready to go for round two." I giggled as Edward went to press his lips to mine.

"Hold that thought. I'm turning off my phone first." He did too and we made sweet slow love the second time and we took the time to explore if you know what I mean.

I do not own all the characters in the story Stephanie Meyers does.

I own the rest of the characters and the story.