Prologue

Jaxon O'Conner was born and raised in a rural town near Nashville Tennessee, United States. His parents were both enlisted in the US Military, but due to a serious mission, his father had to take his family to Japan. Jax was confused but exited at all of this.

"Well holy Jesus. It's been the same ol same ol here. Man all the people that needed poppin' been popped. Can't wait to join a new school." He said.

Jax settles in his new home. The environment is a big change from his old rundown town in the states. However he didn't like the fact of no farm animals to care for. He always enjoyed getting dirty.

In the town next door we have the subtle home of Ryūji Takasu. Ryūji lives with his mother, Yasuko Takasu. His mother is kind of crazy, but Ryūji learned to deal with it. Ryūji loves to clean up everything he sees. He doesn't know why, it's just a force of habit. His mother commonly doesn't do much on her own which makes Ryūji do it himself.

For about a year now, Ryūji has had a crush on a girl in school named Minori Kushieada. He never had the opportunity to ask because he always held it back. His friend Taiga Aisaka encourages him to make a move but Ryūji doesn't. He always misses his opportunity.

Taiga Aisaka lives next door to Ryūji. After breaking into his house and beating him up, Taiga has had Ryūji be his "dog" for quite a while now. Taiga is also best friends with Minori, and wants Ryūji to be with her.

At Ohashi High School, Taiga is known as "The Palm Top Tiger" by her peers. This is mainly due to her short size yet bitter temper. Her rage issues have led to numerous injuries of peers.

Back at Ryūji's home he is cooking dinner for his mother. Once he finishes he has a talk with his mother.

"So I don't know if what Taiga is doing is working. I mean I know she's wanting me to let her know how I feel, but at the same time... at what cost?"

His mother says, "Oh Ryū. I know you feel like you've had the opportunity to. You need to try to make the situations work for you. Take your opportunity, and like the moment."

Ryūji denies this. "Yeah yeah... like that'll work. I can't like it."

Ryūji's mom is skeptical. "Why?"

"Because. I thought we were trying to get out of this crisis, not get deeper into it. No matter what I do, it's always what they think that counts. And I think it's safe we keep it that way."

After Ryūji is done eating he heads to his room. Form there he looks out his window and sees Taiga waiting.

"Oh?" He says. "Did you need anything?"

Taiga says, "Look. All you've been doing is stalling. Over and over, no attempt to even try. If you want her, you can't just stand around pissing your pants. You need to make a move."

Ryūji replies, "Yeah yeah..." He then closes his window and goes to bed. Before falling asleep he thinks.

"When am I ever gonna have the opportunity to ask her out without looking like a fool? I mean it's not like I have nothing to lose. I don't want my current friendship to collapse and start again.
I need to sleep this out..."

And so he did.

Meanwhile at Jax's house, Jax is observing the new uniforms he's required to wear.

"The fuck is this shit? What kind of Sous Chef shit is that? I'm not wearing that. No way in Christ."

Then he gets in his pickup truck. His truck is yellow with an American Flag draped on the roof. So he goes and takes a drive to his new school.

"So this is Ohashi High School." He said. "Class 2-3 is my official room huh? Well then. Those people are in for a surprise when they see the first redneck in town."

And then he drove away.