04

Birthday party

recap:

I wasn't sure if I could deny it, that boy sparked something in my heart. 

I spent the rest of the day reading at the beach tucked in the shad of the stairs down from the road to the shore. When it started getting a bit late, I checked the time. 7:12, I figured I should get going to Nami's party early. I got up and brushed the sand off my legs before going up the stairs and heading to Nami's house.

When I arrived I saw a few other people at there, Nami, a lady who I presumed to be her mother, a girl who looked a bit older then me with blue hair, A blonde boy talking to a boy with a strangely long nose, and Boa.

I liked Boa, she was nice, and pretty. But ever since I learned about her crush on Luffy I just felt kinda guilty when someone brang her up. I wasn't fully sure I would be able to suppress my feelings enough to not upset her. I didn't want to hurt her, but I also didn't want to hurt myself.

"Y/N! Hi!" I looked up as I watched Nami come up to me. "You're early! Here, come sit down, Boa and a few other people are already here." 

I nodded as I took my shoes off and sat down on the nice floral print couch. Boa, who was also sitting there turned and greeted me.

"Hey Y/N! How are you? How's the village been treating you?" She smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's been good, I met some new people." Just be natural, there's nothing to be awkward about...yet. I repeated in my head as I took a deep breath.

"Anyone, caught your eye?" She raised a brow, I could tell what she was suggesting. I swallowed a lump of slight fear in my throat.

"No, maybe I'll meet some interesting people tonight." I said confidently, pushing away any other feelings, Boa was my friend. This didn't have to be weird unless I made it weird.

"Right, do you know Luffy? And if so did Nami invite him?" Boa asked, almost ambitiously.

"Yeah we've met, I saw him earlier. He asked if I was going so I'm pretty sure he is too." I replied, thinking back to Luffy's and I's long conversation.

"Woohoo!" She cheered, beaming. "You know, I wonder who you would look good with..." Boa added before pausing to think, she tapped her foot on the floor quietly. "It'd be cute if you were with like, Zoro, you're super nice and he's like emo and shit that'd be a cute dynamic."

"I guess I know what you mean, I haven't met him yet...will he be here?" I asked hopefully, I prayed that Boa was right and I could move on from Luffy and maybe find something in this Zoro guy.

"Probably, unless he gets lost on the way." She chuckled, "If you were with Law it'd kinda be the same as if you were with Zoro. They're both emo, but Law is like emo emo." She giggled "Wait, so which guys do you know here?" She added as she raised a brow curiously.

"Uhh, we'll Luffy, Uh that weird blonde guy.." I paused, trying to remember his name.

"Sanji? He's kinda weird and he's super girl crazy, I wouldn't suggest him." Boa warned,