08

Surfing

(Before you start just remember those who have canon devil fruits can still swim in this book.)

I stopped mid sentence and turned away from Zoro when I heard someone start yelling. To my surprise, it was Boa. She stormed away from Nami, Robin and Vivi who all looked disappointed.

"What's up with her now?" Zoro rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna go see what happened." I looked up at him before jogging towards the three girls. "Is Boa okay? What just happened?"

The girls exchanged reluctant glances.

"She's fine, just- we got in a little disagreement that's all." Vivi finally said, I felt like that was a half truth.

"Oh, alright then." I looked down, feeling kinda left in the dark.

"So...how did you like talking to Zoro?" Nami smiled uneasily.

"It was good, he's kinda hard to approach..." I sighed as I glanced back at Zoro who was now being approached by a blue haired girl. "I don't think I'm really attracted to him though, not that much. I'm sorry." 

"It's good don't apologize, like who you like. You don't need to find a man." Robin chuckled. I smiled a bit.

"Mhm..." I glanced back in the direction she had left in. She hadn't left the same path we came, she ran off into the forest. I couldn't help but feel a bit worried. "Is the forest safe?"

"She'll be ok, she's lived here long enough to be able to get back easily." Vivi assured. I nodded hesitantly.

"Y/N!" A voice called from behind me, as I looked back I saw a familiar smile.

"Luffy?" I smiled.

"Hi!" He said

"Someone's happy to see you." Nami grinned at me. I felt myself burn up a bit.

"You look nice." Luffy smiled as he glanced down at my festival outfit.

"You've already seen it." I chuckled.

"Yeah but you still look nice." He giggled a bit.

"So, where have you been all day?" I asked.

"Well I've just been walking around...I've kinda been looking for you." He looked down with a smile.

"Seriously? Gosh I've been looking for you all day." I sighed and Luffy laughed before grabbing my hand gently.

"Come with me! Ace and Kidd are having a competition to see who can ride the biggest wave." Without another second to waste her pulled me along with him as he began running. I glanced back and saw Vivi about to follow but Robin and Nami stopping her.

-

Luffy and I emerged from the forest onto the beach where even more people were. Other people from the clearing earlier had heard Luffy and followed us to see what was happening. Everyone started cheering when Ace and Kidd both left the shore and began surfing. To be honest I had little to no clue as to what was going on but I just played along and pretended like I knew what was happening.