07

Aloha festival

I ran around the village with my grandparents, listening to the music, walking around the market and tasting all the foods. I spent the entire day looking around for Luffy, but somehow he was literally no where. I checked like, every food stand but to my surprise, he was no where to be found. But you know who I did find? Koby! And you know what that means? Helmeppo was there too. 

I swear to god these hoes are like a buy one get one deal, every time I see one of them, there's the other one. It's there's a magnetic force pulling them together.

"Hey Y/N!" Koby cheerfully called as he came over.

"Hi!" I smiled back, I looked over his shoulder and saw Helmeppo, I just politely waved.

"Hey boys!" My grandpa came over with a big grin. "Wow Y/N you just keep making friends! Good job!" He chuckled.

"Oh- hello sir." Koby smiled modestly.

"Hey Shanks." Helmeppo said.

"Oh! Bowl cut! It's been a while, how's your old man?" My grandpa asked energetically.

"Oh, he's er- he's well." Helmeppos expression dimmed for a second at the mention of his father before returning to the cocky one he previously had.

"Glad to hear! You know, Y/N, back in the day, me and Helmeppo's dad were academic rivals!" Shanks grinned.

"More like you two were battling for the lowest score in the class." My grandma scoffed as she came over. Me and Koby giggled a bit as my grandpa rolled his eyes.

"I still won." He grumbled.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar hand tap my shoulder. I turned my head to see Vivi, Nami, Boa and some other girl, who I think I saw on my first day but never got to introduce myself to.

"Hey girl!" Vivi smiled.

"Oh my god! Hi guys!" I said as I spun around.

"You look super cute!" Boa winked. I smiled, feeling flattered.

"Oh wait, this is Robin- I don't think we got to introduce you two." Vivi pointed at the girl who waved at me. She had black hair and was pretty tall.

"Nice to meet you." She seemed nice and really mature.

"Nice to meet you too!" I nodded before looking back at my grandparents. "Oh er, grandma, grandpa- could I go spend some time with my...friends?" I asked, hesitating to call them my friends, was it too soon to call them friends?

"Of course honey, we'll meet you back at the house!" Makino nodded. I turned back to them and Nami gently grabbed my arm, they pulled me through the crowd. We broke through and found ourselves by a little stream in front of a forest.

"Come on!" Boa called as she hopped over to the other side, I followed carefully. We walked through the forest to shortly find a clearing where some other people were. I recognized a few of them from Nami's party yesterday.

"So, did you have any luck last night?" Boa asked me with a grin as we walked over to the other people.

"Huh? Luck?" I looked up at her, a bit confused.