The rainstorm

The rain had by now increased into a rainstorm, so the animals of the forest knew to hunker down until it stopped.

Meanwhile, Blizzard pack had been hunting, and got caught in the rain, so they had to return home.

 Once they got back, Glacier and Feather noticed that Blizzard and the others were soaking wet. 

And they also noticed that they didn't catch anything.

 Blizzard and his son's Stone and Spear were disappointed that they weren't able to find anything to hunt, but it was okay. 

After all, rain made it more difficult to hunt because of mud and running slower due to rain.

But in spite of this, the wolves of Blizzard pack weren't going back because they wanted to get something to eat, like a deer. Because once they found something, they would take it down.

Besudes, if they did go back home, it would mean waiting for the weather to clear up before going back out to hunt again. And by that time, the stag would be somewhere else.

Having taken this into account, the wolves, though they were wet and cold, ventured out of their den into the rain to make a second attempt to hunt.

Soon, the Blizzard wolves found a stag deer that was hiding under a tree. 

So they ran over and chased him, first with a chase, and then with a fight.

Then the wolves finished him off and dragged him back home.

 It was a good thing the wolves went back out to hunt, or else they would've went to sleep hungry.