The Reason - I

You can drag me to hell if it means I can hold your hand.

I will follow you cause I am under your spell and you can throw me to the flames.

Follow you - Bring Me Horizon
.......................................................................................

"I ask you if you were ordered to die, could you do it?"

"We don't want to die, sir." the cadet replied.

"Of course. Let us hope that you don't then."

"Very well, I welcome the newest members of the survey corps!

"You who stayed. You are now one of us."

"Allow me to welcome you to the scout regiment."

"This is my real salute, soldiers."

"Together we devote our hearts to the causes!"

"I see 21 members in the 104th survey corps who have given the salute. You have withstood your

fear well. You have proven yourself courageous. Each one of you has my heartfelt respect."

Commander Erwin Smith is without a doubt one of the most charismatic and ruthless leaders in Survey Corps history. He is The Hope of Mankind. Without him leading, mankind's ending is just a blink of an eye away.

..........................................................................................................................................................

It was a minute before midnight, and Y/N was wide awake. The commander's voice was echoing in her head. His speech was intimidating and filled with many unknown elements. But she truly believed in her heart that he had a plan, he always does. Everything he did had a purpose, but he never revealed it to anyone, making him the most unpredictable yet enigmatic man on earth.

As her mind raced, flashbacks from the battle of Trost and Shiganshina Fall were replaying in her mind like never-ending nightmares. Who was the perpetrator? Was it one of our own? The rage was fuming inside her. Fortunately, the luck was finally on humanity's side, since the Scout had Eren under Captain Levi's squad. Humanity has hope for the first time.

It had not been that long since she joined the Survey Corps. Along the way, she had lost all her family, friends, and comrades—the unimaginable pain that she was forced to endure. Her beloved father was a well-known garrison engineer who contributed to the development of cannons and artillery. She is that one apple that did not fall far from the tree. Her father had always desired a boy, and it was ironic that the only child he had was a girl with boy blood. Sadly, he passed away during the Shiganshina fall. As a hero, he attempted to hold up the gate and assist as many civilians as possible. She is the sole survivor of her father's knowledge and legacy in her family.

In the past, she worked alongside with her father, but after Wall Maria fell, the Garrison's engineering team sent her to help the Survey Corps's research team. She was first trained with the 104th Training Corps before being assigned to work with Hange on her experiment. Though she was mediocre in ODM gear, her ability to avoid trouble was lacking. If you knew her, you would realize that clumsy is an understatement. The true reason she was chosen for the team, despite her lack of abilities, was her intelligence. However, in order for her to survive in such a cruel world outside the wall, she needed intensive training with Captain Levi's squad.

...............

Staring into the darkness, her throat felt like sand. It was past curfew time, and she knew that if she wandered outside at this time, she would be in big trouble.