Date night (Chapter 31)

I stood there in my bedroom, with half of my closet on the floor. Why didn't I own anything good enough?

"What do you think about these pants with a red long sleeved shirt?" I asked the two cats sitting on my bed. I held up a pair of low waisted black jeans. I grabbed a red bag and a pair of black boots.

The two of them didn't answer. They just sat there looking at me like I was stupid. And maybe I was, talking to my cats and going on a date with my friend. That would get me classified as stupid.

Me
Can I wear this on a date?

Filippa
Of course you can

Filippa
It will look great

Nathalie
Who is taking you out?

Nathalie
Anything looks good on you Otto

Me
Not telling you who🤷‍♀️

Nathalie
You really should tell your best friends about your dates

Me
I'll tell you after, promise

I continued getting dressed, fixing my hair and makeup. The cats stayed by my side, like they knew I needed the support.

I spent the next half an hour pacing around the apartment. I was done way too early and had to deal with the anxiety of what was going to happen. It's just a date, I reminded myself constantly. Maybe not just a date since Leah was my teammate and friend.

I had filled two bowls in the kitchen with dry food for the cats and had filled another one with water. I placed that one in the windowsill, between several pots of plants. They loved their little space, where they could sit and drink water while looking out at the birds.

I was brought out of my pacing by a knock on the door. That must be Leah, coming to pick me up.

I wasn't ready for this at all. Should I hide somewhere and pretend to have left for something else. No, I couldn't do that. I would be a coward and would ruin anything we had created between us. Even though it was just friendship at the moment.

"Wow, you look beautiful," Leah said as soon as I opened the door for her. "Thank you Le, you look amazing as well," I answered and slipped out of the apartment before closing and locking the door. The cats would want to go outside and explore if I left the door open for too long.

For the first time today, I could get a look at Leah. She really did look beautiful. Her hair was slightly curled, framing her face in the best way. She was wearing a pair of beige pants and a white blouse. Simple yet, so elegant. With that, she had gold jewellery. How could she look so beautiful?

Her fingers brushed against mine as we made our way down the stairs and out to her car. The contact was never long-lasting, and for the Swedish athlete, never enough. She wanted more, no, she needed more. Every single touch sparked something inside her. Butterflies made their way down into her stomach and never left. She looked at the girl beside her and wondered how she could spark these feelings inside her.

"Where are we going?" I asked Leah when she got into the car and drove away. "It's a surprise. We wouldn't want to ruin that, would we?" She replied with a smile. That familiar smile and tonight it was reserved for me only. I was lucky.

Leah handed me her unlocked phone with Spotify open. I took it as a sign to play some music and it didn't seem like Leah did mind. It was probably what she wanted all along. She seemed to vibe with what I put on. It was a mix of everything. Mostly Taylor Swift and then some country which I knew Leah enjoyed.

"We are here," Leah announced when she stopped. It was in a cute part of town and right outside this small Italian restaurant. "Are we eating here?" I asked, feeling the flush creep up on my cheeks. "If you wanted to, we can totally go somewhere else if you hate it," Leah answered, her cheeks turning redder than mine. "I love it," I reassured her with a smile. "Should we get out?" She asked me with a smile. I nodded back at her and opened the car door.

As soon as we got out of the car, Leah was by my side. Holding my hand as she led me towards the small restaurant. The close contact was everything I needed and more. It made me feel safe in a way.

The inside of the restaurant was dimly lit, with candles on every table. A waitress led us to a secluded table. It was in the corner, far away from the wandering eyes of fans.

Menus got placed in front of us, as well as a breadbasket. I looked through it and saw several dishes that sounded delicious. Leah, on the other hand, looked less happy. The menu had flavorful food, not like the plain stuff Leah ate.

The waitress returned and took our drink orders, Leah insisted that I should get wine. Even though she would be staying sober for the night. It was because she would be driving us home. No drinking and driving.   That was quite an important rule. Drinking and driving almost always ended badly.

The food we had ordered arrived shortly after. Leah had ordered the plainest thing on the menu, while I had ordered something more flavourful. With that, I got a glass of white wine, and she got some kind of mock tail.

During the dinner, the conversation flowed freely. We talked about everything, high and low. Even when we ate in silence, it was comfortable. She understood me in a way that no one had done before.

We sat there for hours and ordered dessert after the food was finished. I stuck with non alcoholic options after the initial glass of wine. Leah wanted me to continue drinking. She said that I didn't have to drink the non-alcoholic option just because she did. I had to explain how I did it because I wanted to and not because I felt obliged to.

Around midnight, Leah drove the two of us home. She held my hand the entire drive, and I enjoyed the contact. For the first time in what felt like forever, I was close with someone. Not just physically but emotionally also.

She walked me to the door, I couldn't complain at all. The butterflies were still in my stomach. They had never left.

"I really enjoyed spending time with you. Maybe we can do it again sometimes?" I told her smiling stupidly big. "I also enjoyed it. I would love to take you again. Maybe I could show you around some of my favourite places in London?" She asked me, her big smile turning into a smaller one, looking a bit embarrassed. "Of course you can." I answered her smiling. Something about the way she looked made me want to kiss her.

Before I could say anything else, Leah pulled me closer. Leaving no space between our bodies. She brushed her lips against mine, and it felt like home. I deepened the kiss, and neither of us pulled away. Instead, I opened the door to my apartment. My lips only left hers to take small breaths.

But before we could go any further I pushed her away. 

I'm out of practice for at least 2 weeks. Did something with a ligament in my foot and it hurts like hell.  Don't know how I am going to survive without playing but anyways. 

How are you?

The requested players for me to write about are:

Ona Battle

Alexia Putellas

Mapí León

Lucy Bronze

Lay your vote her and I'll see what I can do!!