Archive: The Price Of Freedom

*Iacon Archive - The Attack*

The stellar cycle that started the war started quietly...
The silver spires of Iacon dominate the skyline as the many highways buzz with the sound of speeding vehicles.

Many of the community centers were displaying the meeting of the primes, and the judgment of Megatron, the crowds in the public centers were excessively large, with many disillusioned citizens watching to see if the hero they had chosen to believe in would be able to lessen the struggle of their lives.

And when the primes ruled in favour of the naive Iacon clerk, outrage followed, Megatron gave the command for several attacks on his political enemies.
But this was only the spark that lit the fuse.

It was several cycles after Megatron's attacks that the fuse was lit.

A broadcast from lunar orbit 2, or moon base 2, the broadcast interrupted the council of the Primes, so everyone on Cybertron saw the message.

"Liberation"

It was following this that every mine under Sentinel Prime's authority was met with visceral attacks by the slave workers, who had turned their drills into makeshift weapons.

The Uprisings united behind Megatron, who had slain their greatest oppressor Nova Prime. Moonbase 2 was soon bombed from Orbit by Sentinel Prime, utilising his pillar technologies to charge his Allspark-powered artillery batteries, this was known as the slaughter of Lunar 2.

Of which there was only one known survivor and whispers of his new name would echo through the lower castes as a symbol of rebellion.

-----------

Orion Pax, now Optimus Prime, watched as his fellow Prime committed heinous atrocities, his battle mask hiding, the horror that was carved into his faceplate. He wasn't physically changed upon being granted the rank of prime by the council, but he took a more mature attitude to his duties.

He was still a medium sized mech, with a T-shaped window upon his chest with fogged out glass, he bore the Autobot crest upon his shoulders, he was still an inspiring figure and seemed to utilise his battle mask more often than when he had the name Orion.

"Sentinel, This is madness!" he roared in protest at his mentor/friend, who turned to look at the young prime.

"This is for the betterment of Cybertron." with these words Optimus realized he needed to be different than his predecessors, he needed to be better, this couldn't be what the Autobots stood for. Surely the Primes were meant to be more than this, right?

As he left the office, his thoughts drifted to the gaps in Sentinel's version of the rebellion, he had told the council that the "slaves" had given their consent to work on lunar 2.

Optimus has a sinking feeling the story the council swallowed so easily held several inconsistencies. He decided that he was going to investigate the integrity of Sentinel Prime's story.

It would be this investigation that would forge Optimus Prime into a true Prime and not the pretenders who paid lip service to the title.

This would be when Optimus learned the true price of freedom...

-----------