Chapter 13: Gangwon

Author's Notes: Hi friends! I've been alluding to the events of this chapter for a while, and I'm excited that you guys will finally get a better picture of why Minji is the way she is. This chapter is morbid. I'm sorry in advance.

TW for talk of death, drug abuse, and overdose.

---------

Hanni opened her eyes slowly, vaguely aware of her overwarm skin sticking lightly to Minji's, who was partially beneath her, breathing evenly. For a moment, she decided to pretend she was still sleeping, settling her head a little more comfortably into the crook of Minji's neck. She listened intently as Minji's soft breaths synchronized to her rising and falling chest. It wasn't normal to want to listen to your friends breathe. Hanni knew that. She tried to push away the thought that waking up like this again wouldn't be so bad.

Somewhere on the floor, a phone vibrated quickly, a text message. Hanni ignored it, assuming it was Kazuha, or maybe Danielle looking for information to collect on a bet. It vibrated again, Hanni resisted the temptation to look for the phone. Who knew when the next time she would be able to lay like this? In another moment, the sound started once again, but it didn't stop right away, obviously a phone call. Beneath her, Minji stirred.

"Hanni," Minji said softly, running a hand along her back. Hanni faked an awakening, rubbing her eyes before she looked at Minji. The phone continued to vibrate. Hanni gave Minji a little grunt of acknowledgement and smiled, unable to bite it back at the expression Minji was giving her. "Why must your friends always interrupt us?" Minji smirked.

"I wish I could tell you," Hanni said, matching Minji's tone. The looked at each other for a moment, far too tender for whatever it was they were doing. Then, almost as if Minji could read her mind, she shifted from underneath her, putting a little more space between them. Hanni almost pouted but she caught herself, noticing that Minji's expression didn't change from a soft smile.

"So," Minji said.

"So," Hanni mimicked.

"So I was thinking," Minji started.

"Thinking? Or overthinking?" Hanni teased.

"Shut up," Minji said, lightly biting her own lip. "I was thinking, uh, that I wouldn't be opposed to this happening again."

"What?" Hanni asked coolly, hoping Minji couldn't feel her heart beat a little faster.

Minji rolled her eyes. "You know what."

"You mean laying in your bed? Actually sleeping in past eight?" Hanni asked.

"You're the worst," Minji chuckled.

"You love it," Hanni retorted. Minji looked as if she was about to speak when a loud knock at the door startled them both.

"Who is it?" Minji called.

"Min, open up," it was Chaewon. Hanni and Minji shared a look.

"I'm not getting under that bed again," Hanni said with a smirk. Minji rolled her eyes.

"I'll get rid of her, but, you should probably get dressed just in case," Minji said.

"Min, seriously, open the door," Chaewon called.

"Give me a minute," Minji shouted back. Hanni and Minji got up. Hanni reached for her clothes on the floor, pulling them on quickly. Minji crossed the room to her dresser to search for something clean to wear, Hanni tried her hardest not to stare, instead looking around for her missing phone. She found it, half under the bed, but was confused to find she only had three notifications, a missed call and two texts from Kazuha. She was sure the phone rang at least seven times, last night alone. Hanni looked up at Minji and caught her as she pulled on a shirt, covering up the intricate tattoos dotting her back. She wondered if it would be weird to kiss her now. Minji looked at Hanni and motioned for her to join her on the other side of the room, where she wouldn't be seen when the door opened. When she crossed the room, Minji looked at her for a moment before dropping her head slightly to give Hanni a quick kiss.