Retrieval Of The Crown

The next day you sent a letter, detailing when you two should meet. You both agreed to meet in four days since you needed to hear the accounts first. Also, deal with some... Bhaalspawn issues that have been bothering you.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Four days have passed and so the meeting schedule takes place. At Rivington, you descend the slope leading to the beach. There, in the distance, you distinguish his slim figure.

The fine white sand beneath Gortash's boots. Dressed in black with an ordinary long black coat. He stands there, sightseeing the horizon calmly. Approaching slowly, you put your hand on his shoulder tenderly.

"Sorry for making you wait." you apologise as you stand next to him.

"No need to worry." with a clap of hands, he turns to you, shining in expectation. "Since we are going to raid Mephistopheles, I prepared something in advance. It will be of help."

He takes a remote, pressing a button, and it summons a tiny automaton via an invoker circle. The cute robot quivers - waiting for the command of his creator. Blocky and shiny, adorned with detailed floral engravings with golden accents. It has no neck, but the head moves 360º around with a tiny vent simulating a knight's helmet.

Proud of his work he proceeds with an explanation of its functions:

"I present you the 'Steel Keeper'. This automaton will help us detect any traps - with or without magical traces. When given the order, it will encase us in a bubble that grants us immunity for a short period. It still is a prototype but enough for this mission. Oh, remember the bubble? I also installed a similar... to avoid being heard."

"It looks tanky. You truly are deft! With this new addition, I see us escaping alive." your heartfelt compliment makes Gortash's smiles brighter than any other. The man chuckles with tenderness.

"Thank you. Praise from you is always welcomed. But, enough of me, I want to know what you've been scheming." he then says as he makes eye contact with you.

Sure a devil's storage must contain lots of treasures, and within the collection, useful tools. Apart from targeting the crown, you should try to get ahold of what other things can be gathered. Ancient tomes, scrolls, staffs, weapons of any sort.

"I suggest we try to steal as much as we can. I'll bring a bag of holding and we will try to throw as many things inside as we can. Up to 500 pounds. Also, I've been thinking, that we still don't know how to use the crown except for the wielder to be dominated and the three foci you mentioned." he listens silently, anticipating what you will propose. "I put my faith in your genius. Thereupon, once we retrieve it, I hope you can research it."

Because of his cautious nature, Gortash hesitates for a moment - for you to honour him with such action is unthinkable to him.
'Is he trusting the artefact to me? That simple?' he wonders. At first, he is indecisive about whether it's a sign of weakness or veritable strength. Yet, he reckons when an ally acknowledges him. With that conclusion, he also puts his faith in you, wholly.

"Very well. Once we are in possession of it, I'll take it to my study. As for the bag of holding thing, you got a point. That vault is going to be full of relics." before keeping on with the conversation, you cut him respectfully.

"Oh, and come with me. We will be more comfortable at the temple."

While Gortash makes the little robot disappear in thin air, you flick your fingers - casting a Dimensional Door to the entrance of the temple.