Before taking down the Apostle

The series of events that brought you to the Underdark and later to those cursed lands is quite the grim tale to share - better do it in the company of alcohol. Doused in umpteen sins, you dare to help a cleric whilst at the same time you hold your urges back. Now - at Last Light Inn - the refugees wait for someone to clear the path. And that hero is you. Well, your party.

After a few days of leave, as it were, you sketch a crude map of the location of each sworn building: the House of Healing, the Mausoleum, the Mason Guild, etc. But the most important location is Moonrise Towers.

It's not a very accurate depiction, but it's good enough, given the situation and the little time there is. Since the most preoccupying part of traversing such grounds is the perils of getting lost, having a map - no matter the hand that drew the aberration - is better than nothing.

So far, what you have gathered from the encounters is that they are operating from the towers, and that is where they infect their victims as well. So, it is to expect a cluster of followers, who also may happen to be mad at you for the various genocides.

Foreseeing the countless factors that could alter your victory, you sent a raven to explore - protected by Sleûne's blessing - the area. A couple of minutes later, the winged creature spotted an intriguing place where only three people roamed around, and they appeared unaffected by Shar's curse: the docks. Corvus theorized the shimmering zone to be engulfed by Moonlanterns.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Before adventuring into your foe's lair - into that dreadful uncertainty of whether you may all fall in combat - you call for a meeting with extreme urgency. Back at your camp, you all sit around the bonfire to detail further the plan while eating the delectable porridge - made with great care by Halsin and Shadowheart. As an introduction to this gathering, you bring up the exciting news Corvus brought up previously.

YN: "As you all know, Moonrise Towers is the source of infection. There is no denying it. Security is tight, and we cannot storm the place or the prisoners will suffer the consequences. So, I devised a plan to infiltrate as many people as we can."

You take out your doodle, now magnified by a spell. The map, marked with red circles, indicates the numerous entries and exits. Along with the number of guards that seem to roam around, vigilant.

YN: "Corvus told me there is a dock nearby, free of the curse by Moonlanterns, and it seems quite isolated. We could try to sneak in by teleporting a few of us. Whilst the main party enters by the front. The party inside must act like Ture Souls, and when - and ONLY WHEN - the prisoners are secure, we will take action."

You wait for them to give some feedback, but, it seems your genius - and simple - plan is as effective as always. The companions don't suggest other ideas, nor do they complain. 

Solely Halsin raises his hand to make a question about these Moonlanterns. Looking back, you remember his absence in the trap by the Harpers, and since he doesn't possess any tadpole, he could not have known of the prize dropping from Karniss. 

Shadowheart: "It's a metal structure with barbs where a pixie is trapped. The spikes pierce them, and they release dust. Hence, their immunity to the curse."

She mentions while munching on her dinner. Then Astarion raises, pouring more of his bloody soup. Halsin's eyes widen, blazing with both disgust and anger at the awful invention.

Halsin: "What a cursed creation. As cursed as these lands."

Astarion: "A most endearing torture device with a badmouthed fey. *chuckles* You know, perhaps their zeal hasn't scarfed down their brains entirely if they came up with that thing."