True Colors

Before heading to Gortash's place, you must return the bag to Helsik. With eagerness, you all walk down the stairs. You present yourselves in front of the counter to give back the pouch - still dishevelled from the journey.

"Wow, you survived." expresses with curiosity. The intricacies of your adventures remain a secret between the three of you. None of you says any details.

"It was enlightening. Thank you, and here," you hand the bag - that Sceleritas had so carefully tidied up. She checks everything is in order and lets you go with a smile.

All three walk out of the building, feeling the warm welcome of the sun again. A lost sensation that you longed for.

You instruct Sceleritas to go back to the temple and clean up whatever crazy mess Orin made. With a pained expression, he pouts.

"Gladly, milord. I shall return as soon as possible and beautify it for you." he makes a reverence and quickly vanishes.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

At Gortash's secret hideout. A hidden haven - similar to your sewers but fancier. Where the Black Market operates, and his empire developed carefully. Deserving of a Chosen, he resides within one of the biggest lodgings.

Meticulously adorned, the hallways give off serenity, like you are in a lord's home.

Some underlings guard the place with a strict compass. Well-dressed, they wear the symbols of Bane on their armour. Now that you realise, the decor perse is a homage to the Lord of Darkness himself.

He guides you with delight to his office.

Inside, the lovely aroma of oils and metals tickles your nose. Bookcases surround you, devices laid in front of you along with the blueprints. In the text, the elegant cursive describes what each machine does. Many prototypes sit next to each other, but none result to Gortash's liking, crossed out with thick ink lines. He hangs his coat on the back of his chair and rests the case on his desk. With a gesture, he invites you to leave yours on the seat behind you - the one that is near a table with pieces.

"Quite the cosy settlement you have here. Is this where you manage your business?" you ask as you comfortably lay your scarlet coat on the worn chair.

"Yes. Here is where I plan everything and come up with prototypes. Though, as much as I like it, there is an inconvenience."

"And what that might be?" you ask, pondering what else he wishes for.

"Sun. As much as I enjoy privacy - my safety. I also want to feel the warmth of the rays themselves. Once I gain more territory, I will move to a grand mansion in Baldur's Gate... But. We need to learn how to control the crown efficiently. It will be no easy task, I am sure."

"Not easy, but not impossible. We will control it." you guarantee, remorseless of the path you've taken.

"True. And I am glad of your conviction. In the meantime, why don't we get a good wine from the cellar?" he beckons.

You, once again, follow his lead to the old cellar - where the most exquisite varieties are stored. He wanders the shelves, casually talking with you. The moment feels different - cosy, even - your Urge sated with calmness.

"Say, is Orin blood-related to you? I could not be but curious as to why she called you brother, though you two are not of the same race, I take it." he asks as he grabs a bottle and checks the label.

You peek at the label, reading 'Berduskan Dark'. As to his question, you wonder whether to explain your true heritage. Is he someone to trust? Would he try to backstab you? Those inquiries ran past your mind. However, his eyes did not lie. His thoughts were only of the two to conquer, not one.