⚖️/Chapter 18

When Wriothesley finished getting dressed, he turned to the door so he could return to Meropide, but before he could, there were noises of screams and people running coming from outside, which was strange, since they were on the Court of Fontaine, in Neuvillette's office...
_____________________________

Wriothesley heard the sounds of screaming and running people outside Neuvillette's office, which surprised him. He looked at Neuvillette with a bit of confusion.
"Uhm... Neuvillette... what is happening? I can hear screaming and people running outside."
He then took a few steps forward, to get a better look of whats going on outside Neuvillette's office.

Neuvillette's eyes widened when he realized what it was.
He then immediately turned to Wriothesley and spoke.
"Wriothesley, the primordial water!"
He said, worried, since it was because of this water that the Fontainians dissolved.
"Only you can enter the Forbidden Zone of your former office in the Fortress of Meropide... I need you to go there with me to help me stop the water from going and dissolving everyone."
He said.

Wriothesley looked at Neuvillette in shock, when he heard about the primordial water. He also heard Neuvillette ask for his help to stop the water from going into the Forbidden Zone of Fortress of Meropide.
"N...Neuvillette... the primordial w...water? Me? I'm a Duke in Meropide, how can I help stop the water?"
Wriothesley started to get scared. He had never faced anything like this before, he didn't know what to do.

Neuvillette sighed, he looked directly into Wriothesley's eyes and spoke.
"If you help me stop the Primordial water, I will free you from prison and you will be able to receive your title as Duke of the Fortress of Meropide again."

Wriothesley heard Neuvillette's words, and felt shocked when he mentioned the offer of freedom from prison after stopping the primordial water.
He felt some hope, as he was still scared of the water and the task that he was given.
"Are you sure that you want me to go do this? I mean, what if I fail, or worse, I get dissolved?"
Wriothesley was now getting even more worried, as the thought of dying was now starting to creep inside his mind.

Neuvillette grabbed Wriothesley's waist and pulled him closer, speaking seriously.
"Love, you're a strong man, I know you'll be able to escape the water if something happens. And don't worry, you know I'm the Hydro Dragon, I can't be dissolved. So if anything happens, I'll be there."
He said.

Wriothesley was surprised when Neuvillette grabbed his waist, but he felt some reassurance. He also blushed slightly when Neuvillette called him love.
"Yeah... I know that you're the Hydro Dragon, so I guess I can count on you if anything happens. I'll try to help however I can."
Wriothesley then kissed Neuvillette's neck in thanks.
He then started to get ready to return back to Meropide and help Neuvillette stop the primordial water from dissolving everyone.

Both of them ran to Meropide, using the passage from Neuvillette's office to Wriothesley's.
When they got there, Wriothesley went to the Forbidden Zone, but there was one problem... the keys to the place were in Wriothesley's office.

Wriothesley went to Meropide's Forbidden Zone, but realized that the keys to that place were in his office. He now started to worry, not knowing what to do. He then looked at Neuvillette and spoke.
"Neuvillette, I just realized that the keys to the Forbidden Zone are in my office. What do we do now?"
Wriothesley sounded very anxious, knowing that he had to go into the Forbidden Zone to stop the primordial water from dissolving everyone.

Neuvillette held Wriothesley's hand, his voice still serious, he spoke.
"Let's go get it, it's not safe for you to be here alone."
He said, starting to run towards Wriothesley's office, grabbing his hand.