We Stood a Chance

Bellamy

It was a full month before Clarke could take my stitches out. I kept opening them my sleep, or on the nights I would pull her under me and insist I was well enough to fool around. We would wake up to blood covering my shirt. It was more annoying than painful every morning. Of course she was always being a doctor and told me no we couldn't do anything until I could stand up on my own.

I stood up a week after she told me that. She gave me a smug smile, telling me that we weren't doing anything until I was all better. I told her I was fine, but she wouldn't listen. Of course I couldn't walk for more than a few steps before the pain was too hard on my hip.

I learned early on Clarke was the person who liked to say I told you so the most.

Still I was happy, happier than I've ever been. Clarke was mine, we were together in the way I always wanted us to be. She was my home, after the torture I had been through I knew there was nowhere else I wanted to be.

I pulled my shirt on, Clarke's hand running circles around my leg, "if you keep doing that I'm going to have to call off this little bonfire of yours."

She giggled, something she had never really done before. But she had been laughing a lot more with me. I liked to believe we were happy together, "oh stop. You're excited for this party because it's all for you. Now that you're officially allowed back to work."

I leaned down and kissed her, the only thing covering her was my blanket, "sure. But I think I'd rather stay here and celebrate with you."

She rolled her eyes, "we have all the time in the world for our own celebrations, Bellamy. This was just the pre party."

I laughed, her eyes shining in the light of the candles in my tent. We had officially moved in together last week. Of course she told the camp it was because I still needed help getting around. Everyone already knew we were together, Clarke didn't want them to think she wasn't their leader because of it.

I grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it gently, "have I told you yet that I love the way you look in my bed? Because I do."

She sat up, the blanket held up by her arms. She was on her knees, her hand placed against my cheek, "have I told you that I love you? Because I do."

My heart stopped as I looked at her. She was smiling the smile she told me only I was allowed to see. I shook my head, unsure of what to say. This was what I had always wanted. I knew I loved her, I always had. She was the light that guided us all home, even in the darkest of nights.

Every day we show each other how we feel with our actions. The little things are the big things, they don't always have to be spoken out loud. Hearing her say the words out loud, in the tent we shared, made them real. She loved me. There was no going back now. I knew I had the biggest, nerdiest grin on my face, but I didn't care.

Because the girl I was in love with loved me too.

If you were lucky you found someone to love, but you are even luckier if that person loves you back. I had loved Clarke from afar for too long now. All the burdens we bared didn't seem to matter anymore. Because she was here with me, right where we belonged.

"I love you," I whispered leaning in and closing the distance between us, "always have."

"Always will," she murmured into my lips. We always knew what the other was thinking, we shared a language no one else understood. One look could tell us so much more than words could.

Clarke smiled against my kiss, "that was fun," her eyes sparkled as I pulled away and brushed her hair off her cheek, "we waited far too long."

She rolled her eyes, "so says the man who's hip still hasn't healed properly. I swear Bellamy Blake, you'll be the death of."