Chapter Forty Nine.

~~~~

Run away-ay with me..
Lost souls in revelry.
Running wild and running free...
Two kids, you and me...

And I said hey..
Hey, hey, hey...
Living like we're renegades!

~~~~

Rory~

Rory~

MY  brother and I were running as though our life depended on it. And to be very very honest, it did, literally. We were definitely out of breath, our muscles were spasming and aching and I think I have a cramp in my leg as well.

But we kept running, going through the woods, turning and twisting on the streets to get as far away from the airstrip as we could. We reached onto the junkyard kinda place, when out of breath, I finally spoke up.

"I--I can't run anymore...John B, shit," I breathed out as we came to a small stop. I doubled over with stabbing pain shooting through my body. My hand flying to the bandaged wound on my side. The adrenaline was rushing out now, and everything was coming back, hitting me like a train as I gasped for air.

"You're fine, you're fine...I got, Ro," John B grabbed me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "It's okay..." His breathing was heavy as well. I looked at him through my slightly blurred vision, hair all tousled and messy, hands bloody like mine are, clothes dirty. He looked shocked...as though his soul had just left his body. 

I bet I looked worse than that. I could feel the tremors, my body was shaking hard with fear and anxiety. Trauma of what I have just witness yet to settle in, but shock gripped me, tightly too. 

A loud whirring noise of an engine echoed in the sky, and I looked up, gripping my brother's hand--which was just as bloody as mine were-- to see Cameron development's plane fly away. 

"Shit...he got it away," I cursed, stumbling back into my brother as he held me. 

"C'mon," John B's jaw was clenched, but he looked away from the sky and prompted me to walk further.

We waded our way till we saw our friends, hiding in a shack that held junk and garbage all around. 

Pope, JJ, Kie and Carter all seemed engrossed in what they were talking--or arguing about, from what I could tell maybe-- as they didn't notice us. 

I was limping my mind running a thousand thoughts at one time, excruciating pain was running through me. The adrenaline had numbed it all...but now, having ran this far and as fast as I did, I came to the conclusion that it was a bad idea. 

My legs were cramping, my heart was hammering inside, the shooting, searing pain in my ribs increased from the stab wound. 

"Dude! John B! Lili!" JJ's voice reached my ears and brought me out of my thoughts. "You guys okay?" he asked.