𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

chapter fifteen \ get ready with me

𝑇𝛨𝐸 𝛨𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐸 𝑊𝛢𝑆 𝛢𝐵𝑈𝑍𝑍 𝑊𝛪𝑇𝛨 𝐸𝛸𝐶𝛪𝑇𝐸𝑀𝐸𝛮𝑇 in the early day, Saturday. Loud music flowed from every direction. Kylen could hear the faint sounds of music coming from the other girls' rooms, muffled by her closed door.

Her Spotify playlist was just over 700 tracks long, with no sort of organization to it in the slightest. At the moment, she was slowly bobbing her head to Doja Cat's Fancy, a song off her 2018 album. Doja Cat had to be Kylen's favorite artist at the moment.

Her face was bear and she was still wrapped in her towel from the shower she'd just taken. The girl was trying to take it easy before the party tonight, hoping to reserve her energy for the festivities.

It was only just now noon and the party didn't start until eight, but as much as she wanted to get a quick nap in, she couldn't. Xaella had all of the housemates lined up so she could do their makeup for the night early enough for them to stay on schedule.

Xaella's expertise in SFX makeup is what got her into the movie and TV production industry. She was amazing at it. Her Instagram was full of her work, all of which were testaments to her pure talent.

The loud ringing and flashing notification light alerted Kylen of an incoming call. She peered down at the screen, here eyes scanning the caller ID that'd popped up.

Austin 🕺🏼

She quickly answered, clearing her throat before she greeted him. "Hey, Aus."

"Hey, Munchkin." The nickname made Kylen smile. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for Xaella to call me to come get  in her chair. She's doing everyone's makeup," Kylen said, laying back on her mattress. "So, you better get here quick if you want her to work her magic on you."

"Alright, alright, I'm on my way. I just thought you'd want something to eat."

Kylen rolled onto her stomach, her feet ascending into the air behind her. "I mean, I'm not gonna turn down free food, but you really don't have to."

"I'll just get you a little something. I was already stopping anyways." That was partially true, though she didn't need to know that.

"If you insist," Kylen replied, shrugging her shoulders even though she knew he wouldn't have been able to see the action. "Are you brining your clothes with you?"

"Are you comfortable with that?" This man was incredibly thoughtful.

Kylen smiled to herself, kicking her feet back and forth behind her. "I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't," Kylen replied. "You coming now?"

"Yes, ma'am," He replied, causing Kylen to grimace a bit. She was already used to his little nickname he'd given her. She would be able to live happily the rest of her life if that was the only name for her he used. The girl might have been exaggerating a small amount, but not much. "I'll be there in a bit."