IN THE ALLEY

"Why don't you start doing your work on your own, Nandani? I've told you countless times," Radhika exclaimed, frustrated, as she stuffed suitcase with clothes. It was only two hours until her wedding rituals, and right now it's four am. She had come to pick up Nandani according to their plan, but as she entered her apartment, it was a complete mess. Nandani was engrossed in analyzing papers while sipping a lavender blend.

_This is a herbal blend that people often drink to relieve stress. Don't try it without consulting a doctor_

Nandani spat out the cigarette into a tin container and gave Radhika a fierce look.

"What the hell, Radhika? I'm not finished yet," Nandani growled.

"Get up and do your work now, Nandani. You haven't slept all night. Go freshen up and get dressed immediately. We need to leave," Radhika ordered, giving her a stern look. Rolling her eyes, Nandani went to her room.

Later, they drove to Goa for their destination wedding. Nandani slept in the car, resting her head against the window. Radhika and Kabir got out of the car, and Kabir called Sairat, who was behind there car. He promptly ended the call when he saw him. Sairat parked his car and headed towards them, warmly embracing Kabir.

"Good morning, brother," Sairat greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, doctor. I thought you would arrive by mid-day," Kabir remarked.

"The surgery went on late, so I had to finish it up," Sairat replied, glancing around. They began walking towards the venue, but Radhika suddenly realized something.

"Oh god, Nandani is still sleeping in the car," she said, rubbing her temples.

"Is she here too?" Sairat questioned.

"Of course, Sairat. She's my best friend," Radhika replied.

"Alright, you both go ahead. I'll go get her," Sairat offered, assuring them, and jogged towards the car.

Bending down, he saw her sleeping face obstructing his vision, and he couldn't help but stare at her. She was incredibly beautiful and effortlessly adorable. A small chuckle escaped his lips as she mumbled and tucked hair between her lips.

"Hey, wake up," he murmured, opening the car door slowly and swiftly catching her falling head. He gently lifted her up, carrying her in a bridal style. He took one last glimpse at her face before walking inside.

He laid her down on the bed and covered her with a duvet. As he was about to leave, her scent stopped him in his tracks. It was familiar, a very familiar fragrance. He dismissed the thought and exited the room, locking it behind him.

As Sairat stepped out of the room, he couldn't shake off the strange connection he felt towards Nandani. Her scent lingered in his mind as he joined Radhika and Kabir outside.

"Is everything alright?" Radhika asked, noticing the perplexed expression on Sairat's face.

"Yes, everything's fine," Sairat replied, trying to brush off his earlier thoughts.
"Let's continue with the wedding preparations."

The wedding ceremonies proceeded, and Nandani and Radhika were engrossed in choosing mehndi designs. Meanwhile, Kabir and Sairat sat with their other friends, engaged in conversation. Sairat frequently stole glances at Nandani, and their eyes met twice, but they quickly looked away with a smile. Kabir noticed Sairat's behavior.

"You like her, don't you?" he questioned, placing a hand on Sairat's shoulder. Sairat immediately turned towards him.

"Excuse me?" Sairat asked, confused. Kabir chuckled and shook his head.