MOLES IN VALLEY

The judge entered the courtroom and everyone stood up to show respect. They took their seats as the judge settled back on the seat.

"commencement," judge  announced, and Nandani stood up, clutching a page in her hand.

"My lord, today's case is about 16-year-old girl Siddhi Mathur, daughter of Kapil Mathur and Sanjana Mathur, a middle-class family. They were minding their own business until Mr. Prateek Gadiwala laid his dirty eyes on her-" Ravi interrupted her.

"Objection, my lord. Miss Raichand cannot make such accusations against my client without any proof," Ravi argued.

"Accept the truth, Mr. Khanana. It may take effort, but reality is real," Nandani replied sarcastically, causing a small wave of laughter in the court.

"Come out of your imagination, feminist Nandani. Use your legal brain and don't give hypotheses," Ravi fired back, and Nandani snickered.

"Aww, really? Let me provide you with proof of his character right now. Allow me, my lord, to call Miss Kavita, Mr. Prateek maid ," Nandani said.

"Permission granted," the judge said, and Nandani gestured  Kavita to come to the witness box.

"So, Miss Kavita, can you tell me what Mr. Prateek is like personality-wise?" Nandani asked.

"Baba is a good person. He is kind and cheerful," Kavita replied. Ravi sneered, but Nandani wasn't surprised.

"Okay, so he never misbehaved with you or tried to touch you inappropriately, right?" Nandani questioned.

"No, he never did. How can you say this?" Kavita said dramatically, and Nandani sighed.

"My lord, Miss Nandani is simply wasting the court's time. What she's trying to prove is completely baseless. My client is innocent. In fact, Siddhi was seen loitering around the city with her friends, and she tried to seduce Mr. Prateek," Ravi replied, his tone slightly furious and mocking.

"In a country where there is no sex education or any discussion about seduction in the knowledge of children, how can you use that as an argument? And Miss Kavita, I came to you two days ago and you told me that not only your boss, but his friends also used to bully you and touch you inappropriately, even your daughter. And now you are lying in front of the court... Nandani said panting, she took deep breath and said "Let me make it clear, court punishment is more precise and embarrassing than losing the 30,000 check you are going to receive from Mr. Ashutosh Gadiwala," Nandani said confidently, shocking everyone in the courtroom.
   Ravi glanced back at Ashutosh, who was equally surprised by this revelation. He was about to turn back with disappointment, but then his eyes fell on a familiar figure seated at the back of the court, the person had legs resting on another leg with a smirk on his face. Their eyes met, and the man mouthed the words, "Cheers."

Nandani unlocked her apartment door and rubbed her temple. She was about to switch on the lights when she realized they were already on. She glanced around in surprise. Suddenly, Sairat emerged from the washroom, drying his hands with a towel. Nandani's eyes widened in shock.

"What are you doing here? How did you enter?" Nandani asked, her voice trembling. Sairat casually passed by her smiling, and walked into the kitchen.

"Not only you, I also love to give surprises....By the way, Radhika gave me the key to your apartment. She said she doesn't need it anymore, and I need it more than her," Sairat replied, continuing to chop vegetables.

"How could she do this to me? Am I nothing to her?" Nandani complained, throwing her stuff on the sofa and partially on the table.

"I don't think so. That's why she gave me the key to your apartment," Sairat said dramatically, pressing the knife point against his skin, acted as he is surprise too. Nandani walked in kitchen, hopped onto the  counter, and grabbed the knife.