IT'S ALWAYS US

As days turned into weeks, she slowly began to heal. Though the pain didn't entirely vanish, it gradually became more manageable over time.

~

She emerged from her room, tightly clutching her stomach as she sank into a chair. Opening her eyes wide, she was amused to find the table laden with food but no sign of Sairat. Rising to her feet, she headed to her room to check for him, but he was nowhere to be found. Returning to the hall, her gaze caught a note on the table. She picked it up.

"Don't worry, something urgent came up, and I had to leave early, but I've prepared something for you to eat." She set the note aside and settled into the chair, eagerly digging into the meal.

Falling onto the bed, she held her waist, wincing in pain due to her period. The ache was overwhelming; it was worse than before, and she curled up in discomfort.

"Sairat... Please come soon," she groaned, surrendering to sleep despite the pain.

When she woke up, she noticed she was no longer in the same position and felt a soft duvet covering her. Sitting up suddenly, she rushed out of her room. A silent glance around the hall revealed Sairat on the sofa, remote in hand, absorbed in the television. She stood beside him, and without even looking, he patted the seat next to him. Hesitant, she eventually sat down, feeling his warmth as he pulled her closer and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Did you change?" he asked between bites of cashew. She was momentarily taken aback, staring at his face.

"I'm asking you something, Nandani," he pressed gently, and she came to her senses, nodding quickly.

"When did you come?" she asked, her curiosity piqued. He finally turned to her, flashing a small smile.

"Where you summoned me," he replied, averting his gaze once more.

"Aren't you upset with me? You've forgiven me, right?" she probed, searching for his expression.

"Yup, but when did you apologize?" he retorted, his face serious. She shifted away from him, freeing herself from his embrace.

"I need to cook," she stated, about to head to the kitchen when he interrupted her.

"I've already done that; if you want to help, go ahead," he replied matter-of-factly.

"I can manage on my own," she countered.

"Exactly," he said with a smile that annoyed her.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this?" she exclaimed, her voice rising.

"Like what? I don't care. Isn't it sassy?" he shot back, looking at her with mischief.

"No, it's not! If you don't want to forgive me, that's fine, but don't act like this!" she insisted.

"When did you apologize? I don't recall. Forget that-how are you now? I bought chocolates; they're in the fridge," he shifted the conversation.

"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight," she replied, turning to leave, but he tugged her wrist gently. She turned back, a frown of confusion on her face. He pulled her onto his lap, gazing intently at her.

"You just woke up; how will you get back to sleep again?" Sairat asked softly. Nandani avoided his gaze, and he chuckled, effortlessly lifting her into his arms. He carried her to the room, leaving the television playing softly in the background.

He gently placed her on the bed, but she sat up immediately. Sairat walked over to the cupboard and pulled out some towels.

"I'm not showering now," she defended, crossing her arms.