Chapter 3

"Fool. Fool. Fool. Fool. Fool" I mumbled.

That's all I could think of now as we walked back to Death city. The idea to find Excalibur was terrible. And so was Excalibur himself.

When we arrived in Death city Black Star went home and so did Kid and I.

Next day at school

"What we will write an test in three day? How troublesome." I sight.

"Alrigth class today I will let you out early to go study for the test. Till then you are all dismissed." Professor Stein said rolling out of the class on his chair.

Kid,Liz and Patty went out of the class and me,Dan and Leo followed behind.

"Ah, a test. So I will get it in a swift." Kid said shoving his hand in his pockets.

"Yeah sure Kid but you should study, you know." Liz said.

"I am a Shinigami. Souls are my speciality."

I looked behind and saw Maka looking nervous. So I walked up to her and asked what was wrong and she replied

"Well, as every year we do a big test on the end of the year and well, last year I got second place."

"Then that's a good thing."

"No. That's what bothers me. This year we have you and Kid here and there is Oxford who got first place last year. And I want to be on top of our class, just like my mother was back when she was an academy student, but with all my rivals it will sure be difficult." She said with a sad face.

"Don't worry about it, I am sure you will get the first place this time." I said giving her a close eyed smile.

"Do you really think so! Thank you so much Hanabi. I will go and study right away." She hugged me before running home.

I then also went home.

When I came into the dinning room I saw Liz painting her nails. Patty looking at a closed book and Kid was drawing Liz, appearently.

I walked over to Patty and opened her book and then went over to kid.

"Hey Kid, what are you doing?"

"Oh, I am drawing Liz and I am making a plan how to perfectly pluck her eyebrows."

"Oh, wait I think i can fix that problem. Liz."

She turned her head to me and I swiped my hand infrent of her plucking her eyebrows perfectly.

All the three's eyes whiden.
"Ho-how did you?" Kid asked suprised by my move.

"You know I am just like you a Shinigami. We all have our little specialities." I winked and went upstairs studying in my room.

Three days later
At the classroom

We all sat down and I was between Kid and Soul. Sid-sensei stood infront of the class and showed us what will happen when we would cheat. He stepped aside and behind him pinned on the blackboard was Back Star. I facepalmed and we all began when he said so.

I wrote down my name perfectly. It was so neat and I began writing. Then Soul began looking into different clothes which he had on. I saw notes on them.

Ah, a cheater. Hehe well Sid-sensei saw him. Not good.

He took Soul and took all his clothes off besides his underwear. Then he was aloud to sit again. He looked over to Patty who was coloring her test yellow. I sight and then he turned to me.

Hey! He wants to cheat but I just smirked.

He hung his head because I had only wrote down my name. He sneezed and I saw him shiver. I took off my cloak and put it over him. Thanked me and I looked over to Kid who was crying. What!? I looked at his paper and saw he was on the 'K' of his name. He mumble that it wasn't neat enough and started erasing and his paper ripped. I froze and he spit out blood and layed on the floor uncounsious.

I realxed again and woke Kid. He said he was garbage and I said he wasn't and he sat down.

"Do you really think so?" He asked while sobbing/sniffing.

I nodded "Yes. You aren't garbage. You are the neatest person I know besides myself. Look."

I blaced my hand over his ripped paper and it glowed green. Seconds later I removed my hand and it was back to normal and his name was perfectly writen on it.

His eyes started sparkling and he hugged me. I blushed and he did too when he realized what he did. He let go and we went back to our test.

"30 more seconds!!" Sid-sensei said.

Shit!!! I have to hurry!!!

I took my pen and started writing in lightning speed. I finished before Sid-sensei collected the test.

I looked over to Maka who was smiling at me and I smiled back.

Next day

"Yay Maka you did it!! Congratulation!!" I said to her.

She smiled at me "You did it too. Look." She said pointing to the board again. I looked at the names.

100th places 0 points
Soul, Black Star, Patty,Liz and *sight* Kid.

And then I continued. 5th,4th,3rd,2nd and 1st places?!?! What there are two first places and it was what me and Maka??

"Congrats to you too Hanabi!" She said smiling at me.

"Thank you Maka."

"So I was planning on inviting you guys over to a sleepover to celebrate later. At mine and Soul's, could you tell the others?"

I nodded and said I would go home.

When I got there I told them. We packed and went over to Soul and Maka's.