i. competition

—HE was everywhere

—HE was everywhere.

Her social media, the magazines she took a glance over splayed on the table, the widescreen t.v on the wall, and even posters upon the windows of popular clothing stores.

To be frank...

"It's quite annoying".

Y/n grumbled silently to herself and set her phone down on the table, sinking into the velvet sofa.

"What on earth are you groaning about over there?", Navia rolled her eyes playfully.

She knew the answer, it was as clear as day. She just found it amusing to mess with the model.

"First of all!..", once Navia heard those three words spill out of Y/n's mouth, followed by the woman turning around dramatically on the couch and slamming her hands down onto the cushions, she knew she was about to get an earful of her complaints.

Y/n L/n has been in the modelling industry for as long as she can remember.

It was her passion and she was a natural beauty.

She tirelessly walked up every single step to get to the top, but then there was the likes of Wriothesley who took a damn helicopter up to the last step, without having to lift a single finger. He was a cheater in Y/n's eyes.

The woman used dramatic hand gestures to express her rage. "I mean does he even know how long i've been doing this for?! Then one day he just decides hey I wanna be a model and outshine every other person who's worked their butt off trying to make a name for themselves".

"His fans have even gone so far as to call him 'Your Grace' rambling on about his princely features. Yuck", she spat her tongue out and Navia let out a chuckle.

There was always a popularity chart posted up online daily, and Y/n had always been on the top of the models list...but this time around, the ravenette was number one and she was demoted to second place. It was humiliating.

She waved the phone towards Navia, as if to say 'can you believe this?!'.

"Is it really all that serious?", when Navia said those words, she wished she didn't with the way Y/n whipped her head towards her direction. Navia pursed her lips like a child who had just said a bad word.