Chapter 3

Nagihiko POV

I was completely certain I knew who that person was. Those golden locks...the petite body...

"Rima-chan...." I whispered to myself. Then I found myself walking to her. Each passing second I was getting closer and closer, and then finally, I stopped right in front of her. I slowly knelt down and placed my hand gently on her back, and whispered..."Rima-chan....daijobu...?"

Rima POV

I couldn't stop crying. Tears kept coming and then I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to me. I curled up into my crying ball with my knees tucked to my chest and I kept my head down as my hair cascaded down my back and over my shoulders. Then the footsteps stopped. Something touched my back. Something calming, something strangely familiar. Then I heard it..."Rima-chan....daijobu...?" Those few simple words...that were spoken in such kindness. My tears stopped flowing and it came to a standstill. I brought my head up to look at the person who was beside me. Our eyes met and no words came out of our mouths. We kept staring at each other and he brought his finger to my face to wipe a tear off my cheek. Then he stroked one of my curls. He looked back at me, with such a gentle expression on his face. Slowly, his arms found their way around my back he pulled me into a warm embrace. I found myself hugging him back and tears began flowing again.

Nagihiko POV

I couldn't let her go, afraid I might lose her again. I felt her small arms moving up and around my neck and she buried her small head into my chest. Then I heard her say something..."Nagihiko....is that....y-you...?" Her words were muffled by the sniffling, but I managed to hear her voice. I stroked her back and replied quietly, "Yes Rima-chan...it's me..." She brought her head out of my chest and her eyes were locked on mine. "Don't leave me....don't go....please....stay...." Now it was her turn to hug me. I held her small body back into an embrace. "I won't....I promise..." Her body stopped shaking from crying and she said softly, "Arigato..." We stayed quiet for several seconds. I smiled and stood up, and held out my hand to her. Her small hand held mine. Her hands were so soft, it felt like silk brushing against my fingers. I used my free hand to support her waist to bring her up. "I never knew you missed me so much Rima-chan." I teased followed by a soft chuckle. She blushed "...N-No.." I gazed at the sky "Looks like it's getting late...want me to walk you home?" I asked. "No thanks...I'm good..." She smiled at me, causing my cheeks to burn up. She then turned around to walk home. I stood there feeling my head...and thought to myself...I missed her smile...but...it seemed different...somehow...

I watched as she continued walking away until I couldn't see her anymore. I turned around to walk back to my house.

Rima POV

I can't believe what just happened...I forgot to ask him why he came back! Ugh, I'm such an idiot...Who knows why I'll see him again?

~~~~~~A Week Later~~~~~~

Nagihiko POV

I woke to the sound of the birds and blinding light of the morning sun from the window. I stretched and got out of bed. I stared at the ground and combed my fingers through my bangs. First day of Senior Year starts today...and I'll be entering at Seiyo High. I couldn't help but think about what happened on the sidewalk last week...with Rima-chan. 

Rima POV

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Slowly I climbed out of bed and drowsily walked into the bathroom and stared at the mirror. First day of Senior Year starts today, and it's also my last year at Seiyo High. Images of what happened last week flashed in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about him...

Nagihiko POV

I walked over to my closet and took out my new high school uniform. After Ikuto graduated, I heard that they changed up the males dress code a bit. I was really surprised when I first tried it on. It was remarkably flexible and very comfortable. It looked somewhat similar to the Junior High's uniform, like what Souma-kun wore. Just like before, it came with a thin white long-sleeved shirt to wear under. The pants were pretty much the same as the Junior High. Although, the only thing that was different was that the coat was a little thicker and you were allowed to pick the color of the seams and tie on the coat. My mother suggested purple or blue to match my hair, and ironically, we ended up getting indigo, pretty much the two colors combined. Overall, I really like the uniform. I started with pulling on the white long-sleeves over my bare chest, followed by the pants and then finally the coat. I straightened the buttons and adjusted the tie and I was on my way downstairs for breakfast.  "Ohiyo Master Nagihiko. My, you look so charming in that uniform." She smiled. "Arigato!" I replied back. I ate some of the french toast while Baya-chan informed me that mother will be coming home late tonight. After breakfast I was out the door on my way for school.

Rima POV

I exited the bathroom and walked to by dresser to retrieve uniform for school. Instead of a shirt and skirt, girls at Seiyo High are required to wear a knee high dress. When I first entered Seiyo High, the dress had a little puff to the shoulders, which I hated. Thankfully, they changed that the year after. Just like the males, we were allowed to decide what color for the seams and tie. Yes the dress has a tie; some girls prefer a bow or ribbon, but I think it's cute. I chose orange, because it's sort of my trademark color. Of course, the tie had to be plaid. I guess a lot of uniforms just have to use plaid. It was surprisingly comfortable when I tried it on, so I was happy I got to wear something nice to school. Once I slipped the dress on and fixed my hair, I raced downstairs to grab a bite of toast. Even though it's the first day of school, it's always impossible for me to wake up on time. My mother and I literally ran out the door, into the car and off to school.

About a quarter past 8, I made it on time. I stepped out of the car and waved my mother good-bye and walked up the steps to Seiyo High.