Chapter 6

Rima POV

School just ended for the day and we agreed to spend the evening at the cafe. Amu said it would be a nice way to celebrate our first day of Senior Year and Nagihiko coming back. I was walking over to the cafe when I noticed the  the sky take on beautiful shades of pink, yellow, and orange....like when I saw Nagihiko for the first time in 5 years...

Ever since he came back...I've felt different around him. I don't exactly have that huge grudge against him where I hated him with a burning passion. That sort of died away when Amu started dating Tadase. Now when I see him...it's like...I don't know...his being here is making me confused. Like I don't know how to act around him. Should I act like I still have a grudge against him? No...that's over.  

Nagihiko POV

Her smile...I keep thinking what's different about it. It has changed over the past 5 years...but how? I don't know...

I'm glad Rima-chan is accepting me as a friend instead of hating me with a burning passion. Sometimes I wonder what's going on in that head of hers. Now that I think about it, we keep falling into each other's embrace lately...

Normal POV

"Hi Rima!" Amu smiled as Rima walked into the cafe. Amu was placing a tray of water and ice tea in the middle of a large rectangular table with a creamy white silk tablecloth. "Hi Amu!" Rima smiled back and she walked over to one of the chairs and placed her purse down on a chair. 

"So where's Tadase?" Rima asked. "Oh he's just uh-..." Amu was cut off by Yaya walking into the cafe. "Hi Yaya! Glad you could come!" Amu smiled  nervously. Rima raised an eyebrow then shrugged.

"Hi Amu-chi! RIma-tan!" Yaya chirped. 

While the girls were visiting, Tadase walked into the cafe. "Hello everyone. Sorry for being late." Tadase apologized. "It's okay Tadase-kun." Amu smiled. 

A few minutes later Kukai and Utau came.

"Souma-kun, Utau! Glad you could make it." Tadase smiled. "Kukai!!" Yaya laughed and jumped onto his back. "Oi Yaya!" Kukai sweat dropped. "Hi Amu. Tadase." Utau smiled. "Hi Utau!" Amu smiled back.

While everyone was hanging out, Nagihiko came. Rima took a quick glance and walked up to him. "Hello Nagihiko. You're late." Rima smiled and walked back to her seat at the table.

"Fujisaki! Wow...It's been ages!" Kukai exclaimed and slung his arm over Nagihiko's shoulder.

Just then Rhythm and Temari hatched out of their eggs. "Yo!" Rhythm smiled and held out a thumbs-up. "Greetings everyone." Temari bowed slightly and smiled. 

"So you still got them after all these years eh?" Kukai smiled to himself and Daichi came out. "Rhythm! Temari! Long time no see!"

Utau glanced at Amu and Il, El, and Dia came out. While the charas were socializing, everyone sat down at the table.

"It's nice to have everyone back together..." Rima smiled.

"Yeah..." Nagihiko agreed.

Everyone smiled and Amu stood up. "I'm gonna get some more snacks and drinks k?"

"Alright Amu-chan." Tadase replied.

"Yus! Okay! How about we all play a game?" Yaya asked.

"A game?" Rima asked back.

"Yeah! How about truth or dare?" Yaya smiled.

"Aren't we a bit old to play that?" Amu asked as she placed a tray of some snacks a drinks on the table.

"Does it matter? The whole point is that we have fun!" Yaya winked.

"Okay, then I wouldn't mind playing truth or dare Yaya-chan." Naigihiko replied.

"I'll play!" Kukai jumped up and fist pumped the air.

Utau glanced and Rima and she sighed. "Guess we have no choice but to play." Rima said bluntly and Utau nodded.

"Okay! Let's begin!" Yaya fist pumped the air and the game began.

As the evening went on, Yaya was dared to eat a bowl of broccoli by Amu and Nagihiko dared Kukai to wear a dress. (Which was a perfect picture for Utau to save on her phone) And as the rest of the guardians exchanged truths and dares, in the end it was Rima and Nagihiko who weren't truthed or dared yet.

In the end, Yaya was the only one left who hasn't truthed or dared anyone yet. 

"YUS! OKAY! Now that it's my turn, I think I'll ask Rima-tan." Yaya pointed her finger at Rima, "Truth or Dare Rima-tan?" Rima sipped some tea then answered, "Dare." An evil grin creeped onto Yaya's face and she giggled softly, "Alright...since I'm the one who suggested the game of truth or dare, I have an idea. While you do my dare, everyone will huddle and agree on what to do with Nagihiko...and it has to be a dare, since most of the other guardians were chicken and picked truth." Yaya looked at Rima, "Alrighty Rima-tan! I dare you to braid Nagihiko's hair while we decided on what dare to do for Nagihiko!!"

Rima put down her cup of tea, stood up and walked over to Yaya and whispered in her ear, "I will get my revenge, you hear me...?" And she walked over to Nagihiko, "Turn around and don't move your head." Rima asked coldly. "Okay Rima-chan." Nagihiko replied and slowly turned to the side in his chair.

Rima POV

I slowly extended my fingers towards his hair and carefully began dividing  it. His hair had a fragrance that strongly reminded me of lilacs. Once I was done dividing the hair, I began carefully braiding it together. As my fingers maneuvered through his hair, it felt so very soft and gentle, and the shade of indigo hasn't changed over the years....Before I knew it, I was already at the bottom of the braid, so I gently tied the hair tie and smiled to myself. Why did I feel so calmed, let alone happy while braiding his hair...was it the fragrance of lilacs that it gave off? Or the soft texture...I don't know...

I caught myself from spacing out and told him I was finished, "Nagihiko I'm done." He turned around and caressed the braid over his shoulder and looked at it, "Thank you Rima-chan. To be honest, I don't think this was such a bad dare." He smiled at me and I smiled back. Yaya and the others then came back to explain what will happen to Nagihiko.

Nagihiko POV

As Rima-chan braided my hair, I noticed how gentle her hands were....they were so steady and as she combed her fingers, I thought of it as a leaf slowly descending from a tree on an autumn day...

As I examined the braid, I was surprised how she was able to braid it so well at such a length.

While I was still examining the braid, Yaya-chan walked up to me with an expression that was slightly unsettling.

"Alright Nagi! Here's your dare!" Yaya-chan pointed her finger at my face and continued, "We dare you...to go on a date with Rima-tan for the rest of the evening!"

I glanced at Rima-chan who was clearly upset about this decision. She looked at me and our eyes met, leaving our faces with deep shades of red.