Chapter 7

Nagihiko POV

"A-A date? B-But..." I stuttered as my words refused to leave my mouth. I glanced at Rima-chan and when we looked at each other, as if on cue we both looked away-bangs covering our eyes-and I'm pretty sure my face went up a few degrees. Yaya-chan smirked at gripped my hand, forcing me to my feet, "Alright Nagi, you  better take Rima-tan out on a date, or else you'll have to talk to the 'back up dare'. 

"Back up dare?" I asked, when I saw Amu-chan hold up a dress.

"Ohhhhh no! I'm not doing that! Rima-chan please will you go ou-..." I stopped mid-sentence in disbelief as to what I was about to say. My face started turning red and I found myself being pushed to the door by Yaya-chan. I glanced back at Rima-chan who hasn't said a word about this whole situation. 

"Fine. I'll do it." Rima-chan said flatly.

"YAY!" Yaya-chan cheered.

"But Yaya isn't allowed to eavesdrop and stalk us through this whole thing, because if there's a third wheel, there isn't really a point to this." Rima said sternly.

"I know I know." Yaya-chan smiled and she grabbed Rima-chan's hand and dragged her to the door. "Okay you two, go out and have a good time! Bye now!" Yaya-chan placed both her hands, one on each of our backs and pushed us out the door.

"Well....that was eventful..." I sweatdropped.

Rima POV

I can't believe Yaya put us up to this...it's embarrassing...and my heart's beating so fast...I'd rather just braid his hair again...

"So...what do you want to do? We got all evening." Nagihiko smiled as he waited for my answer.

"I don't know..." I replied quietly.

"Want to just walk around the block...?" He asked again.

"Sure." It's a pretty simple idea, I mean what else is there to do?

We started walking around the block, with an uncomfortable awkward silence.

"So...uh..how have you guys been while I was gone?" Nagihiko asked, in attempt to make small talk.

"I don't exactly know. A lot of us went through a lot, but we managed. Whenever times were tough in the past, you were always someone we could go to, to sort out our feelings. At least, that's what Amu said. You really meant a lot too her ya know, even if Nadeshiko never existed." I looked down, avoiding his gaze, afraid if I look at him again, I would burst into tears.

Flashes of my parents' divorce and KusuKusu's disappearance went through my head. We only walked a few blocks and I'm gonna blow this date right off the bat...

"Rima-chan, daijobu? I'm sorry...if it was something I said..." He apologized so sincerely, I felt sorry for him. It wasn't his fault at what has happened...

"It's not your fault....and you don't have to apologize...it's fine." I said quietly.

"Okay..." Nagihiko frowned slightly, then the same warm smile appeared on his face again as Rhythm hatched out of his egg.

"Yo Rima!" Rhythm smiled as he gave me a thumbs up.

"Hi." I smiled back. It's nice to a see a familiar face...

"Hey Rhythm!" Nagihiko smiled.

"What'cha up too? A daaaaate?" Rhythm smirked.

"W-Well uh..." Nagihikio suttered in embarrassment, when I cut in, "Yes, we are."

"Wait, seriously? That's awesome! Well I guess I better give you some 'alone time'." Rhythm gave a thumbs up to Nagihiko and went back to his egg.

"Oh Rhythm." Nagihiko chuckled.

Before I knew it, the sun had already set, and stars began peeking through into view.

"Wow...isn't it beautiful." Nagihiko commented as he gazed at the sky.

"Yeah..." I agreed.

"Thank you for braiding my hair..." Nagihiko smiled as he caressed the braid in his hands.

"You're welcome. I didn't mind..." I blushed slightly, and I saw an expression I didn't notice before...was he, blushing?

As we kept walking down the sidewalk, a man walked up to us.

His skinned was tanned, and was wearing a gray tank with some ripped jeans, along with some jet black leather boots. His hair was white, and swooped over his left eye. His height was much taller than Nagihiko and his physical strength was very unsettling.

Nagihiko swung his arm in front of me, gesturing that I go behind him.

"Hey lover boy, mind if I borrow her for a moment?" The man smirked and with his fist, grabbed Nagihiko's shoulder and forcefully shoved him to the ground.

"Nagihi-...Ahh~!" I was cut off by the man gripping my wrist and pulling me closer to him.

"Rima-chan!" Nagihiko was standing up when the man let go of my wrist. 

I watched helplessly as the man took a blow at Nagihiko's face, followed by a kick in the ribs. 

It was cruel to watch as pained expressions took the place of his gentle smile, and I shut my eyes as drops of blood fell to the ground...