1

At Hospital...

The hospital corridors were abuzz with activity as the wailing sirens brought in the ambulance carrying the still form of Jungkook. Jimin, his best friend, stood there with a dazed look on his face, his eyes filled with unshed tears. As the paramedics wheeled Jungkook's body into the emergency room, Jimin followed close behind, his heart heavy and his thoughts in turmoil.

Inside the emergency room, doctors and nurses hurriedly prepared the trauma bay for the incoming patient. The paramedics briefed the medical team on Jungkook's condition, relaying the details of the accident that had led to his lifeless state. It was a somber and tense atmosphere.

As the medical team gently transferred Jungkook's body onto the hospital bed, the attending doctor swiftly began the initial assessment. The beeping of the machines and the hushed whispers of the medical staff filled the room. Jimin stood to the side, feeling a profound sense of helplessness as he watched the scene unfold before him.

Moments stretched into eternity as the doctor, with a furrowed brow, carefully checked for any signs of life. Suddenly, an incredulous gasp escaped the doctor's lips, and everyone in the room turned to look at him in astonishment. With trembling hands, the doctor reached for Jungkook's wrist to detect a pulse. To everyone's shock, a faint but discernible pulse reverberated beneath the doctor's fingers.

"He's alive," the doctor announced, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Jimin's eyes widened in disbelief, and his heart raced with a surge of hope. "What?" he managed to whisper, his voice choked with emotion.

The doctor nodded, a glimmer of cautious optimism in his eyes. "We need to act fast. He's still with us, and we have to make sure he stays that way."

Without wasting another moment, the medical team sprang into action. An urgent flurry of activity filled the room as the doctors and nurses worked together to stabilize Jungkook's condition. Jimin watched on, his eyes never leaving the seemingly lifeless form of his best friend, willing him to pull through.

As the medical team briskly mobilized, the doctor approached Jimin, his expression grave but determined. "We have a chance to save him." he said, his voice unwavering despite the gravity of the situation.

Jimin nodded, his determination mirrored in his eyes. "I'll do whatever it takes. Just please, save him," he pleaded, his voice trembling with a mixture of fear and hope.

The doctor placed a reassuring hand on Jimin's shoulder. "We're doing everything we can. Stay strong for him, and have faith. Miracles do happen," he said with conviction, offering a glimmer of reassurance amidst the chaos.

Hours melded into an endless passage of time as the medical team tirelessly fought to keep Jungkook alive. Jimin steadfastly remained by his side, whispering words of encouragement and offering silent prayers to whoever might be listening. Each passing second felt like an eternity, filled with a potent mix of anxiety and unwavering hope.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the beeping of the monitors echoed a steadier rhythm, a subtle sign of progress. The tense lines on the faces of the medical team softened ever so slightly as they exchanged glances filled with cautious optimism. Hope flickered in Jimin's eyes as he observed the subtle changes in Jungkook's vital signs, his heart fluttering with renewed faith.

As the long night turned into the gentle light of dawn, Jungkook's condition gradually stabilized. The medical team, exhausted but filled with a sense of hard-earned victory, relayed the news to Jimin – Jungkook was out of immediate danger.

Overwhelmed with relief, Jimin felt tears welling up in his eyes as he embraced the doctor who had led the tireless efforts to save Jungkook. "Thank you, thank you so much," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion.

The doctor returned the embrace, his eyes reflecting the relief and shared sense of triumph. "It's a testament to his strength and your unwavering support. He's a fighter, and so are you,... But sir we have to inform about this to police." he said with a heartfelt sincerity that touched Jimin's heart.

But then, the doctor's expression shifted as he continued, "But sir, we have to inform the police about this."

Jimin's smile dropped as his heart sank. He couldn't bear the thought of his friend being dragged into a police case, not after everything he had been through. "No, don't tell the police," Jimin pleaded, desperation creeping into his voice.

The doctor looked at Jimin with a mix of understanding and concern. "But this is a police case, and I have to do my duty," he replied with a heavy heart.

Jimin's desperation grew as he implored the doctor, "Doctor, how much money do you want? Take it, but don't let the police know about it. Please, I beg you."

The doctor's gaze softened as he realized the depth of Jimin's fear and desperation. After a moment of contemplation, he nodded solemnly, understanding the gravity of the situation.

As the doctor made his decision, Jimin felt a surge of relief wash over him. Perhaps there was a glimmer of hope after all. He knew the risks of trying to conceal the truth, but the thought of subjecting his family to the trauma of a police investigation was unbearable.

The doctor laid a hand on Jimin's shoulder, conveying a sense of understanding and reassurance. "I'll do what I can, but you need to understand the risks involved,and my money" he cautioned, his voice tinged with concern.

"I understand, you will get you money" Jimin replied, his voice steady with determination. "I'll do whatever it takes to protect my friend."

As the doctor left the room, Jimin's mind raced with worry and uncertainty. He knew that by trying to shield his friend from the authorities, he was treading on dangerous ground. But the thought of exposing his friend to the harsh realities of the law was simply unthinkable.

_______________________________________